Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it super ghetto to just use a pack n play instead of buying a crib?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM
  • 71 Replies

I think we may be moving from our 3bedroom apartment back into a 2 bedroom house. It's just better and I go crazy being stuck in that damn apartment. So I would keep our new baby in my room in a play pen until it's ready for a toddler bed and then move him/her into the kid bedroom

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CutieBoysMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM

woops. I wasn't done.

AngeLnChainZ
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM

No. However pack and plays are not very comfortable for long periods of time.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I do it right now but moving her in a reg. crib any day because she is 6 mos. and 20 lbs...

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM
No. As long as the baby has a place to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM
I wouldn't, but we co-sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:52 AM

i akways bought my  kids cribs, we used the pack n play for changing diapers

Caitlin_mommyx3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM
I used my pack n' play bassinet until he was ready for the crib. He still sleeps in it ocassionally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paaepae
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:54 AM

we used a pack and play with DS for the first few months....and will with DD too. they will sleep in my room the first 2 mths then go to their own room.

KeepOnWalking
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Call me ghetto then. I have a 3 year old still in a pack and play. we live with DF's parents in a 5 bed room house but we're only allowed 2 bedrooms for our family of 6. There is 4 of us in 1 room and 2 in another. I have one child in a bed, one in a crib she'll be 5 in Dec. but is tooooo tiny for a bed.

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Nope.  My daughter has slept in her pack & play her whole three years of life.  We recently tried to move her to a twin bed, but she cried and said she was scared, so back into the pack & play she went.  

She has no comfort problems, she has no back problems, she's slept great in it and she prefers it.  It has also saved us $100+ on buying a crib that would have probably been recalled anyway.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)