• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, I effed that one up.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM
  • 10 Replies
And I should have known better. Bad mommy :(

I make it a point to never tell DD her papi is coming to visit. He was so unpredictable for a while so I didn't want to let her down. He's been better about being reliable for his once a month visit (his choice. He is welcome to visit every weekend and pick them up from daycare any time he wants).

My mom was leaving Thursday and DD was crying. Her brother was screaming (he was tired) and she started fussing that Mimi left. So, to try and shush her and get her to bed, I let her in on the secret that papi was visiting the next day. She was still sad that Mimi left but did perk up a bit that papi was coming.

And of course, the *one* time in the last year that I did let her know he was coming, he called and canceled 30 mins before he was supposed to be here.

Her titi decided to save her brother's ass yet again, and came right away to take DD out for a day of fun and swimming.

So DD ended up being fine and not being upset at all. I tried to protect her feelings by making my mom's leaving easier, and instead hurt them by telling her her dad would be here.

Mommy fail :( I learned my lesson, that's for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Shelley-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM
I'm sorry :(
That sounds more like a daddy fail though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KandiceN
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Papi = Dad?  I don't know these nicknames lol

Either way, I'm sorry :(  My husbands dad, their grandpa, is horrible at saying they are coming over then they cancle 5min before they should be here.  I've quit telling the kids they're coming.

epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Yah, but I should have known better. I really should have. I'm not kicking myself too hard because she ended up being okay, but it's certainly a lesson learned.

Quoting -Shelley-:

I'm sorry :(

That sounds more like a daddy fail though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Papi is daddy, yes. :) it's the Spanish name for daddy.

Quoting KandiceN:

Papi = Dad?  I don't know these nicknames lol

Either way, I'm sorry :(  My husbands dad, their grandpa, is horrible at saying they are coming over then they cancle 5min before they should be here.  I've quit telling the kids they're coming.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaRoyNKaden
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Aww...  im sorry momma... 

But like  a PP said... thats a daddy fail..   dousnt make it any easier though  : ( 

epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I should know better than to trust him with that. :/

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

Aww...  im sorry momma... 

But like  a PP said... thats a daddy fail..   dousnt make it any easier though  : ( 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM
I made thatnmistake once with my daughter. Never again. But at least she knows what kind of father he is.
LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Aw that's sad. :(

Kiki7808
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:03 PM

yeah i say papi fail not mommy fail but you feel bad for letting her know and it not working out, any mom would feel that way. ( i got all the names.. my dh is puerto rican so he is papi too lol)

epoh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:33 PM
I wonder when DD will truly understand. She's 3.5 now so I'm sure it won't be for some years.

Quoting katiegirl:

I made thatnmistake once with my daughter. Never again. But at least she knows what kind of father he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)