Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age was your child/children when you stopped bringing a change of clothes with you

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 17 Replies

when you left the house?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flipper_28
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM

call me crazy but if we are gonna be away from the house for long periods of time i still do....lol...never know when a coke is gonna spill....they are 11 and 6 btw....but just in general i stopped takin the change of clothes when they were potty trained....so around 2 or 3

jollymommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I have a 2, 4, 6, and just turn 9 year old.  I try to keep a change of clothes in the van for EVERYONE in the family because this is Washington state.  And ya just never know. 

But, that hardly ever works out.  The kid I make absolutely certain has back up clothes for every trip is my two year old because she's 3 weeks into potty training.  

So . . . I guess we stop being hardcore about bringing clothes for the kids after they've been potty trained and accident free for several months.  

So probably, around age 3.  

But still, we try to keep a change in the car for the entire family.

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM

DD is 3 1/2 and we don't take a change of clothes everywhere we go.  Just if we are going more than 15 miles from home and will be gone more than a couple of hours.

PurplePieguy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I still bring extra clothes for my 4 almost 5 yr old DD. I did the same thing with my older kids until they were about 6.

sheen_21
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM
We stopped around age 4 unless I know were going somewhere for a long period of time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM

We still usually have a change of clothes for our 3 year old.  

ETA: If we don't it is because we used it and forgot to replace it.

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I have a bag in the trunk of both cars with change of clothes and old towels for both kids (age 4 and 10). I have to replace my younger's clothes way more often though. I also usually put extra pants and panties for her in my purse when I leave the house in case of an accident. Kids get sick or spill drinks too. You never know what can happen.

KrissyMama88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM
my children are 2 and 3 and i bring 1-2 changes of clothes for each and i plan to keep at least one change of clothes in my car for each of us until they are 18 lol cuz u just never know im 22 and i still spill stuff on myself now that i keep a change of clothes im all set
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Usually I only bring a change of clothes if were going to the water park. Other than that I stopped at about 16 months with my last one. If they get filthy we just run home to change. Mostly though I don't concern myself with dirt much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_the.mrs_
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I still do.....never know what will happen. There have been times when we've been out and just randomly decide to go to the splash pad or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)