Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EWWWW Ants!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

I just moved to this house in Texas.  I've live in TX before so I know there are lots of ants.  I swear I'm cleaning like crazy and ants still raid everywhere.  I'm spraying RAID everywhere. They love the sink, they seem to be coming from under the metal of the sink where the counter and the metal meet but they aren't under the sink like where I keep my small garbage can.  They are in the bathroom.  There were non about 10 minutes ago and I told my daughter to take out her pacifier and she spit it out on the bathroom floor.  She went in the bathroom maybe 8 minutes later started crying because her paci was COVERED in ants, even inside of it! I think I'm going to bomb the house, it has worked in the past in Oregon.  These are very very small red ants.  Any other suggestions as well?  In the past (not in this house but in an old apartment) I tried every other solution to get rid of the ants before I bombed.  Vinegar, coffee, beer, corn starch everything that people suggested and nothing worked.  Then I bombed and the ants stayed away for about 3 months.  It was awesome.  

I'm all for natural stuff (I've made my own laundry soap and used cloth diapers and I garden and recycle...) but nothing natural worked in the past so I need the strong stuff

What is a good bomb? I'll probably buy 2.  Oh and the only store I have near are Walmart and HEB.  I would think Walmart would be cheaper..

So any recommendations on a good bomb?  Should I get a fogger or the other kind??

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
armygirl16
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM

BUMP!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Yuck!  I hate ants.  I don't have any ideas on a good bug bomb for you though, I've always just bought whatever was on sale.  Maybe someone at home depot can help you pick a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)