Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if ur dh

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • 34 Replies
got a dui..what would u do?

My friend txt me this morning bc her dh went to jail fo a dui last night. This is the 2nd time snce theve been together for 3 yrs..

The lst time it was drug possesion. Im at the point where i dont even wanna associate w them...i love her but she is always pretending how awesome her life is to impress ppl but its not awesome at all. She makes rude remarks about me being a single mom at times..

I just dont see myself being ok w my future dh or so getting a dui....i wouldnt put up w it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom48
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM
We don't drink, so if that happened I would be shocked! That is not ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxxAthena
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM

i'd be looking for a job back home because if my husband gets a DUI his career is flushed straight down the toilet. We would need to figure somethingelse out. Luckily he is so paranoid about this that even if he has one beer with dinner out i drive.

RaynesMommy07
Once is forgivable. Twice nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan479

id be pissed.  he would lose his job, and probably his lisence and then we'd be right back where we were this time last year. 

and then id send him for a psyche evaluation...lol, dh doesnt drink, ever.

LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I would be furious. And, if it was the second time (like your friends situation) I'd be even more mad.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I wouldn't put up with that. I would not want a man going to jail all the time,how could you rely on someone like that?

momofnhimai
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

My husband is not stupid. He would not drink and drive.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM

If my DH got a DUI I would be floored. He doesn't drink and neither do I. Since drunks have negatively affected our lives, we are pretty big on NOT drinking and driving. So much so that if someone calls us at 2 in the morning to pick them up, we will always do so. Everyone who knows us knows this is true. So I'd be completely shocked and hurt.

Embers88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Next time she makes a rude comment about you being a single mom say, "Well, I would rather be single than have a husband who looooves to get arrested and make my life hell." Then smile.

leeahsgerasmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM

my dh is scared to drink and drive so he never does it.He really  never drinks only on holidays sometimes at home with his brother or something but wont if he i out .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)