Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Called The Cops On Someone.....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

Now, as most of you know, I'm not one of those carseat mamas, that does the ERF/EH. But, I DO do what is needed to keep my kids safe and sound while in the car.

My husband works for a cell phone company. They have two local stores, one in our town, one in the next town over. They were doing Relay for Life yesterday and he needed to go the the store in the next town to get a tent. We went up there and, while I was waiting for him to get it, a car pulls up next to us. This dude gets out, then turns around to get his baby out. This kid was probably about 9-12 months old. She was in an infant seat that was facing foward and leaning over enough to look like it was tipping, wasn't buckled at all and she wasn't even strapped in. If they'd gotten into an accident, this baby would have been killed. They also had a kid that was probably 2 that was sitting in the floor board of the car. They were going in to the tanning place next to the cell phone store.

When DH got in the van, I told him about it. We called the local cops, told them where they were, what the car was and gave them the plate number and told them the reason for the call.....not sure what happened after that, as we had to go.....

And no, I wasn't being crazy nosey....they had a car that looked identical to one of my friends and I was looking to see if it was her or not.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Good for you...I shudder to think about what could have happened.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I would have done it too. that's just crazy. No idea why they would think that's ok. 

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

People are horrible about carseats around here. I walk to work and I have seen so many kids not in a carseat that need to be in one.

sabbycat69
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

You did good. Nowadays people say you should mind your own business. But if everyone minded their own business then alot more bad things would happen. Just like if you see a child and know that they are missing (by seeing what on tv) you wouldn't mind your business and do nothing right?>>?

_the.mrs_
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)