Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH I can't believe someone would cancel SO last minute!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM
  • 28 Replies

Okay I am a single mom to a 4 year old girl and I'm pregnant. Instead of continuing to send my DD to day care I decided this summer I will hire a nanny.  Well this nanny is supposed to start on Monday and she just  emailed me saying she JUST remembered some plans coming up for this summer and she won't be able to watch my DD. WTF?!? I have been talking to this lady for almost 3 months and I have met her a couple times! How do you forget about summer plans? That's just stupid, right?

I am so pissed. Addison is already signed out of day care completely. I am going to have to beg my sisters, neighbors and friends to watch Addison until I find someone! 

Sorry I just needed to vent. That is SO unprofessional and I am going to see if I can post about it on the nanny website I got her from. 

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiecakesmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM

BUMP!

evansmom0524
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM

That sucks sorry.

AimBre
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Wow that is really un proffesional!

M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Sorry that happened to you. That is why I always have a plan B if not C.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveLifeLoving

Wow! I would be really upset. That's incredibly unprofessional..especially to do so TWO days before she's supposed to start! Did you get her through a nanny agency?

lilyrose73

Quoting evansmom0524:

That sucks sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Wow that is unprofessional. I wonder if she was offered a higher paying job. That's terrible that she did that to you. I hope it works out. I would try to let the nanny site know.

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM

that sucks :(

Nikki286
by Nicoli on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM

i would definatly let others know how unreliable she is because that makes no sense.. sounds more like she got some last minute invitation for something or got hired by someone who either pays more then you or will travel a lot

momofnhimai
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I hate when people do that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)