Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am sad that i can't wear a swimsuit.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 15 Replies
I was so looking forward to being thin again and not standing out because of my obesity.
But, now that I have lost the weight, I still have shame about my body. It looks like a melted candle all over. Most I can cover up, but I have skin on my inner thighs that is saggy from crotch to knees.
I just can't bring myself to allow people in public to see that. I just want to be able to go swimming and not feel ashamed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eeyorerdl
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Congrats on the weight loss!  I am sorry about the extra skin...I guess that kinda comes with the territory when one loses a whole lot of weight...have you thought about cosmetic surgery strictly to take care of the extra skin?

jnttd
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM
]: Maybe a one piece with a sarong(sp?) Tied around your waist? They have the long ones that go down to your calves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Nicoli on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

have you tried to find board shorts ? i have a pair that look like swim trunks but they are for women and i wear them as shorts when i go swiming and keep them on . there are also some skirts and wraps that work the same way that you can just keep on. 

Cymbeline
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Don't worry about other people, they're probably smelly anyway. Enjoy your time in the sun and in the pool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM

What about a suit that has shorts on the bottom? I am huge too and my suit has a top and shorts at the bottom.

PurplePieguy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:56 PM

That's why I don't like going swimming, but I force myself to because I can't stand to see my kids cooped up. I wear a t-shirt over my one piece.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:58 PM
I think about it all of the time. I think about how I can't afford the probably $50k in surgery that I need. Maybe someday.

Quoting eeyorerdl:

Congrats on the weight loss!  I am sorry about the extra skin...I guess that kinda comes with the territory when one loses a whole lot of weight...have you thought about cosmetic surgery strictly to take care of the extra skin?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM
I have been looking for something like that, but I have never found anything long enough.

Quoting Nikki286:

have you tried to find board shorts ? i have a pair that look like swim trunks but they are for women and i wear them as shorts when i go swiming and keep them on . there are also some skirts and wraps that work the same way that you can just keep on. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM

You could still wear one..who cares what other people think (seriously). People take this swimsuit stuff too seriously.

You could always wear a one piece..they make some cute one-pieces now days, actually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)