Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you feed your kids healthy stuff ALL THE TIME?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:01 PM
  • 65 Replies
I just don't understand why someone would do this. Experts say you need atleast SOME cookies, cakes and candy..lol I agree on not going overboard but I couldn't imagine my mom constantly shoving carrots in my face! Lol! Since I've joined CM I've noticed a lot of moms who say their kids do not eat anything that isn't healthy.. If you're one of those moms then don't take offense.. I just couldn't imagine being a kid and never going to McDonalds! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I don't believe anyone who says their kid has never had a cookie, cake, etc, unless their kid is allergic.

TygerLily62
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:05 PM

My kids don't have junk food unless it's a special occasion (birthday party, holiday etc.) I just don't keep it in the house... They get a happy meal or something once or twice a month though. I don't care what anyone else feeds their kids, but my family has a lot of weight issues so I try to make sure that my kids don't eat a lot of junk.

RaynesMommy07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Not all the time, but most of the time yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I raised my children the same way I was ,we had a dessert after dinner every night. We also had veggies every night,my children ate veggies 5 days out of 7. The real only thing difference from my mom was I didn't do a lot of fried foods. My I'm healthy,no medical issues.

HomeSweetHome77
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM

this. they all want to appear perfect, but i can imagine them typing to us that they would NEVER feed their kids that, as they shove cookies down their kids throats to shut them up while they finish typing on cafemom LOL oh yeah, and their houses are a wreck lol hahaha thats funny

Quoting carterscutie85:

I don't believe anyone who says their kid has never had a cookie, cake, etc, unless their kid is allergic.

SpiritFortress
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

nope

bananahammock1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM
That makes sense :)

Quoting TygerLily62:

My kids don't have junk food unless it's a special occasion (birthday party, holiday etc.) I just don't keep it in the house... They get a happy meal or something once or twice a month though. I don't care what anyone else feeds their kids, but my family has a lot of weight issues so I try to make sure that my kids don't eat a lot of junk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RolloTomasi
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I never went to McDonalds as a kid. I lived. My kids get sweets but only when they are home baked. We do eat ice cream on occasion, but always at a restaurant, we don't have ice cream in the house. My kids are great eaters. I love that they eat steamed unseasoned veggies, and love them. Who cares if they have never had an Oreo. Honestly they probably wouldn't like it, because they are used to the good stuff. I never understood why it was considered a "treat" to be unkind to your body.

I certainly haven't been shopping for any new shoes
-And-
I certainly haven't been spreading myself around
I still only travel by foot and by foot, it's a slow climb,
But I'm good at being uncomfortable, so
I can't stop changing all the time
sxybxmami
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I would LOVE for ds to eat cookies (that way we can bake cookies) he just doesn't like them.  He'll eat a cupcake once in a while, but if it has frosting or icing he will freak out and not eat it.  He doesn't like candy, he'll have a lollipop once in a while (he'll lick it 2 or 3 times and throw it out).  He just doean't like that type of stuff. He'll eat broccoli and zucchini all day if I let him.  He also loves McDonald french fries lol (the only fast food thing he likes) and homemade chicken tenders.  Ds is is 2 1/2 years old. 

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

They would still have to give that child a cookie or something in order to know. So they can't say I never do/did.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)