• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Are OverWeight Do You Wear A Swimsuit In Public?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM
  • 68 Replies

I am overweight and I don't really care if someone likes the way I look or not. I'm going to wear my suit and swim with my son whenever I feel like it.  I have a 2 piece but it's not a bikini-like two piece, it covers my stomach and the bottom is a skirt/short type deal.  If someone doesn't like the way I look they can look the other way.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM

bump

nikki0522
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

No, but only because I won't swim in lakes or ponds and I won't go past my knees in the ocean because I almost drowned in the ocean when I was a kid.

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM

i am overweight and no i do not wear a swimming suit. i really don't care what other people think, i am just not comfortable with it. but i am not big on swimming anyways. so i don't even go anywhere where i would wear a swimming suit anyways. during the summer months i prefer to stay indoors in the ac. i don't like being outdoors during the summer. just way too hot. 

snowpeasmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM

yes i do and i have a tankini

DelaneyD
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM

when i am not feeling good about myself i dont wear one..i will wear a swimsuit with a tank and shorts over it.

everyone has their different comfort levels, i am small  but i still have my "fat" days where i wouldnt be caught dead in a swim suit

MommyFlood

Yes I do. I wear a tasteful suit though. It's an actual tankini top (that comes all of the way over my stomach) and the bottoms are a skirt that my ass cheeks DONT hang out of. I've never felt so comfortable in a bathing suit before, even when I was skinny.

TheyAreMyLoves
I wear one.
In fact, I'm going to the pool today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplePieguy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I have a one piece and wear a white t-shirt over it while swimming. I have looked and looked for a one piece with like a skirt, but can't find one that fits. I've also looked for the kind you have, but again, I can't find my size.

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Yes I am overweight. :( I wear board shorts, black ones. With a tankini top and a tank top... I wear the tank top just to cover my back because I burn super easile.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM
I wore a tankini when I was overwight, obese, and even when I was morbidly obese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)