Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ill play... What do you think of when you hear ILLINOIS ?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

For me, its corn... and lots of farms.. lol..

Also.. Chicago, navy pier, CUBS !!  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE...I think of my dad always saying "FIBS."  I live 10 mins from the IL border.  I also think of a bunch of friends  that live in IL.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Tons of Black ppl... sorry but i do.. i wouldnt mind going so i can try some of their Food.. im a food ♥er..

MommeeTo4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Corn, my dad, Chicago, cow poop smell ( dad lives next to a farm with livestock) fishing in my dads pond
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaRoyNKaden
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Quoting godsgirl26:

Tons of Black ppl... sorry but i do.. i wouldnt mind going so i can try some of their Food.. im a food ♥er..

People will probably think im racist because of this... but im NOT... just stating facts... but..

Chicago shut down there public housing authority thing.. i think its also called the projects? Anyways, they literally have a billboard in Chicago that states the name of the town im in saying "They have free housing!" 

This happened a couple years ago... and our school system has gone down, crime rate has gone UP, and our town is going downhill FAST.... 

And its not just black people... its whites, mexicans, black, ect... 

It sucks : (   This town was a nice town when I was growing up... and now I dont even want my kids to grow up here anymore... 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:22 PM

i dont think u are racist at all.. u are just stating the facts. im black and the projects are full of black ppl.. i was born and rasied in Oakland Cali.. and oh my gosh it was Ghetto as heck ..Oakland has gotten worse since i left..

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

Quoting godsgirl26:

People will probably think im racist because of this... but im NOT... just stating facts... but..

Chicago shut down there public housing authority thing.. i think its also called the projects? Anyways, they literally have a billboard in Chicago that states the name of the town im in saying "They have free housing!" 

This happened a couple years ago... and our school system has gone down, crime rate has gone UP, and our town is going downhill FAST.... 

And its not just black people... its whites, mexicans, black, ect... 

It sucks : (   This town was a nice town when I was growing up... and now I dont even want my kids to grow up here anymore... 

Navygurl76
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I think home...

I am originally from Chicago. I have 3 yrs until I retire from the Navy and my son and I are moving back there. Yay!!!!

ballerina18
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I think Chicago. Big city, baseball, too crowded. I think of the movie "While You Were Sleeping".

Umm.. that's about it. I've never been to IL

papilover
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:50 PM

my grandma and thesaddest day of my life when we had to leave on my birthday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)