Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uptight, judgmental, prude, control freak

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM
  • 8 Replies
Sometimes this would be a good description of me! It bothers my DF that I'm so uptight about certain things, for example raunchy movies, and that I'm somewhat of a control freak. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can loosen up and live and let live?! I used to be like this but the past few years have gotten more and more prudish and judgmental. This is NOT how I want to live my life. Sometimes I get upset by the littlest things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momzillaof4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Counseling, perhaps?

twisted_charlie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM

When your first instinct is to say no, say yes. (not on everything of course)

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Maybe ease into somethings.

Have your DH pick out movies that you normally wouldn't watch because of the raunchiness and just sit down and watch it with him... but have him choose some that are not just out and out crazy with what make you uncomfortable, start out small.

The control freak thing. I don't know... it could be the same idea I had above.... try to start out small giving your husband bits and peices of controland you just don't say anything. You have to retrain yourself to just allow things to happen if its something you don't want to live with all the time.

lindzgayle
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Drink? lol
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Drugs and alcohol always seem to do the trick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashers_mommy99
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Drinking helps me but right now I'm prego!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dotsicle
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Haha, sounds like me. I don't care about raunchy movies, but the stupid teenage "comedy" dumbass movies DH watches make me wanna gag! He is 60 freakin years OLD!!! And judgemental? Oh yeah; not judgemental on things like gay marriage and welfare, but absolutely constipated over f*cking seatbelts and permissive parents. I also need to control DH from running over to see his BFF before he even has dinner.... especially if I know the BFF's flirty divorced daughter is there. No, I don't want to change. I am perfectly f*cking happy the way I am.

LMAO!!!

krise
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM

have a few drinks.... lol

Not too sure really... I try not to sweat the small stuff. just smile, see what happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)