Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are clothing sizes getting smaller again?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday I went shorts and summer shirt shopping at Ross. I was wearing a pair of size 22 shorts that fit wonderfully with no tightness that I have had for a couple of years. I grabbed a few different types and brands of shorts in size 22 and headed off to the dressing rooms, none of them fit. I was grring the fact that I must have gained weight or inches or something. So I just went ahead and bought the next size up. Today after I got out of my shower I measured myself and weighed myself and there is no difference.

So my question is are the sizes getting smaller or am I just going nuts?

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when necessary, southern country living type of Momma!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pellen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM

BUMP!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:59 PM

it seems like it LOL..

LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Were they all different brands?

pellen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Yup, Ross is like Marshalls or TjMaxx. And not a single brand fit.

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

Were they all different brands?

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when necessary, southern country living type of Momma!

Keva1990
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM

There's no telling. Women's sizes vary so much it's hard to say. Men's sizes are a lot more accurate.

pellen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I know its soooooo easy to shop for DH, 29x30 pants, Small or medium shirt, I can't remember his neck size, but still, soooo easy.

Quoting Keva1990:

There's no telling. Women's sizes vary so much it's hard to say. Men's sizes are a lot more accurate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)