• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your children know how to get a hold of you...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

while you are at work??

I ask because my 10 year old daughters friend was over and her mom was at work, we had to run some errands so I told her to call and check with her mom if its ok for her to go with us. She called her moms cell but she doesn't have it on while at work she didn't know the number to call her at work so I called her older brother (he's 16) who is in charge of them while mom is working and he didn't know how to get a hold of her either! I guess if they need something they text her and when shes on her break she checks her phone. this just doesn't seem safe to me!

maybe I over do it but when ever my kids are not with me I make sure they have my cell # and both of hubby's so they can get a hold of us and that's when they are with other adults They don't stay home alone

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Yep....they have all my numbers and can call me from their cell phones....24/7/365

km1970
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:22 PM

my kids always know how to get a hold of me and dh.

im23vaughn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM
I a SAHM but both my girls have cellphones w my number programmed in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I am a SAHM and my daughter is only three so I don't have this issue yet.  However, if she is with someone else they always know my cell phone number (and my husband's, as well as anyone else that might be with me- my sister or my mom mostly) and where I am going.  

LCWAmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Quoting im23vaughn:

I a SAHM but both my girls have cellphones w my number programmed in them.

I'm a stay at home mom too

but i have a list posted with all the important numbers including my cell and both hubbies (personal and work) plus the number for the shop if anything happened where i wasn't able to tell them what number to call they have 3 numbers to get a hold of hubby with

DaLordsMezNger
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM
No cuz he's 2 but I make sure whoever he's with has atleast 2 numbers where I can be contacted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywife2Justin
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM

My 6 yr old has my cell # memorized. She knows how to find me.

lv.42.dy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM
My mom knows how to. My son isn't old enough to use a phone by himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toybar02
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM
No my son is too young, but when I leave I give all my numbers to my mom so she can contact me anytime if anything happens
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)