Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't Yell At Me!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:24 PM
  • 26 Replies

My brother lives with us. He's 21 and doesn't work (though he is looking for a job), stays up all night and sleeps all day.

I was vacuuming my living room when he comes down the stairs and starts bitching because I woke him up.

Sorry, bub, but my ass is up at 7:30ish every day and my house needs cleaned...don't like getting woke up? Then get up at a reasonable hour.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaNoonoo
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Well, yeah...don't like it find your own place.  Oh, can't afford it?  Too bad, bro!

That being said, I wish I could get off my heinie and vacuum at 7:30!  Good for you!

livewell
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM

*smack* that's for him...

*SMACK* that's for you! LOL wake up and get him up every freakin' day until he gets a job! He should be up an' at em' BEFORE YOU - after all YOU HAVE a job! and I'm pretty sure it's not takin' care of him!

(JMO)

Salsacookies
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I would be mad too if somebody woke me up at 730 in the morning running the vacuum. I understand getting up at a decent hour, but there is no way that i'm running the vacuum that early in the morning...in my family, a decent hour is anytime before noon.

LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM

It seriously annoys me when people sleep all day (unless they worked all night or something). I wouldn't have much patience for that, lol.

winkles115
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Hmmm I see both sideƆ
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM
If that's your routine then he should suck it up. I clean early too so I get more family time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livewell
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Quoting livewell:

*smack* that's for him...

*SMACK* that's for you! LOL wake up and get him up every freakin' day until he gets a job! He should be up an' at em' BEFORE YOU - after all YOU HAVE a job! and I'm pretty sure it's not takin' care of him!

(JMO)

and just in case my attempt at humor didn't translate well onto the screen...the smack for you was in jest...HIS was serious.

:)

MarchMarie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM

No kidding!

When my BIL was still living here he would stay up/out all night and sleep all day... well one day it was just about noon and I was pissed about something and yelling at DH about it... BIL starts hollering at me... my wrath turned to him and I let him have it.... I have the same rule here... I am quiet until at least 9 am, if you cant get your ass to bed before 1am in order to get 8 hours, not my problem, heres some earplugs

_the.mrs_
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I didn't vacuum at 7:30....I started at about 11 on the house work...

Y'all must think I'm super woman or something. I'm not even awake enough to form a sentence at 7:30 am..lol

thehickinhickor
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM
If he sleeping all day how is he looking for a job I know u can look on line but I always called or went in person to let them see my face when I was looking and I always got the jib I was going for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)