• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible??

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM
  • 33 Replies

To have Pre E but not gave bp issues? I'm trying to figure out wtf is going on with me. At my last appt. I had gained 2lbs in 6 days. My hands have swollen although my ankles aren't showing much... I had protien in my urine... But my bp us always perfect. But alot of my issues/complications can be explained by pre e!

Issues including since 28 weeks with regular irregular contractions (80-200 perday) and dizzy spells, Sometimes I can catch myself... other times I black out and fall. I feel awful all the time...(Ill be 32 weeks tomorrow)...I also have GD but my blood sugars have been fine. Dizzy spells often have blood noses. I have had my BP checked during a dizzy spell and its been perfect, 110/70.

And today im pondering going to the ER, I started vomiting and a bad headache and a back ache about 4am.. I went back to sleep and then I woke up from a dizzy spell. I was laying in bed, on my left side. I swore I was falling but I was in the middle of the bed. I had a hard time getting the "catch me" feeling because there was nothing to catch. Today I can barely get off of the couch. I cant get comfy. Im crampy, but back is killing me. Im still vomiting and I cant stand very long. Im just hoping it tapors off. But its not. I dont have a fever either. My blood sugar is fine. DF will be home in a little over 2 hrs.  I'd also hate to go to the hosptial for nothing. But something just doesnt feel "right"...

Ok back to my original question. Having Pre E without BP issues? Possible or not. Ive been googling and searching. I find 50-50 conflicting info. Some sites say yes. Some say no. Testimonals argue both sides. I am just trying to find answers as to what is going on. I may be going out of the box now. But at this point im desperate as both my OB, my neurologist, and my PCP are all at a loss...

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Well, I didn't have symptoms as bad as you, but yes, it's possible.  At every appointment I had, my blood pressure was totally fine.  No issues whatsoever - even the appointment I had the very same day my water broke.  However, once I went to the hospital, I was so bad that I was put on magnesium for three days (including the day I gave birth) and I was hooked up to a bunch of monitors the entire time.  Before I went in, my blood pressure never got over 120/80.  Once I was at the hospital, the highest it went was 215/130.  I was miserable.  :(

zoiezmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeirdraG.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Thank you!

Quoting imafuswb:

Well, I didn't have symptoms as bad as you, but yes, it's possible.  At every appointment I had, my blood pressure was totally fine.  No issues whatsoever - even the appointment I had the very same day my water broke.  However, once I went to the hospital, I was so bad that I was put on magnesium for three days (including the day I gave birth) and I was hooked up to a bunch of monitors the entire time.  Before I went in, my blood pressure never got over 120/80.  Once I was at the hospital, the highest it went was 215/130.  I was miserable.  :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenzelb
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM
i was being watched for pre e during my first pregnancy. my doc had told me that you dont have to have all the symptons to have. he told me that i may only have some of them...so from what my doc said you do not have to have high bp...that was one of the things i didnt have either.
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:37 PM
The Vomiting and back pain almost sounds like back labor. Maybe you should get looked at just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeirdraG.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Im going to ask my doc. Ty!

Quoting kenzelb:

i was being watched for pre e during my first pregnancy. my doc had told me that you dont have to have all the symptons to have. he told me that i may only have some of them...so from what my doc said you do not have to have high bp...that was one of the things i didnt have either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeirdraG.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:38 PM
I'm prob going to go when df gets home. I have my sitter lined up...

Quoting MommySwiggles:

The Vomiting and back pain almost sounds like back labor. Maybe you should get looked at just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jayzwife
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:38 PM
80-200 contractions?! how is that possible?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I had HELLP syndrome my first signs were dizziness, and fainting. One appointment my BP was fine, next time I was in the hospital until my sons were born.
charliebean
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I had that. They called it PRE-pre-eclampsia, lol. I had the high protein in my urine, but my BP stayed the same as it's always been, and it usually runs a little lower than normal. So yes, it's possible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)