• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure how to feel about that...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM
  • 15 Replies

A few days ago I went on Wishuponahero website and read a wish about a family whose house burnt down.. I relize the family lives one town over.. so like 10min car drive.. The person was wishing for things.. not matter what.. so I emailed her and ask her instead of sending it should I just come by and drop it off  or does she want to meet me somewhere.. She replied back; NO do not come to my house.. so I went online (newspaper) and checked to see if there was a fire in that area... there was no record of a fire..

So now Im kinda lost.. what would you do..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skileybug
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Oh my!! I dont know can you report her to the site?

Jsmommy0528
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I can understand not wanting a stranger to go to your house. Does every house fire get put into the paper? My house had a fire in the garage and burned part of the kitchen. The firemen had to bust in the front door to put it out and it wasn't in the paper

mamivon2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Maybe I just missed the fire article in the newspaper but just the way she was writing to me like dont you dare come to my place..you know

Quoting skileybug:

Oh my!! I dont know can you report her to the site?

CafeMom Tickers
km1970

I wouldn't send anything...I would never donate to one of those wish sites for the exact reason, there are too many scammers out there.

YoureSoVain
While that would make me suspicious, it could be for security. She doesn't know you won't kill her. I wouldn't give an internet person my address.
LiveLifeLoving

I would think it's a scam, and report her to the site. That's sad people do that. :( I've been scammed on that site before too, so I stopped visiting it.

skileybug
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

She said they could meet in a public place... I understand where OP is coming from why should she pay shipping on top of donating to a family in supposed "need"

Jsmommy0528
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

bump

AngeLnChainZ
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Not every house fire is reported in the newspaper.

mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Hmm... if their  house burned down the maybe she doesn't want people over? It would suck if its a scammer... but I wouldn't be surprised :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)