Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

K.12/California Virtual Academies....anyone???? Home schooling mamas...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

DD is going to be in 11th grade this fall. She is an advanced student and finds the classroom environment unfulfilling. She has asked to be on independent studies, but the school district only allows it for medical reasons. So, I found the CAVA link on the K.12 website. It is a free online California charter school. Does anyone here know about this? What are your experiences, good or bad. Any information will be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

of 6, Godmother to 3 beautiful girls

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
devasmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM

nerdy

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I'm not in CA, but we have Virtual Academy as well.  My cousin's daughter has been using it and enjoys the freedom it gives her.  I say give them a call and see what you can learn about the program.

devasmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Thanks for responding. LOL. I have all the paperwork for registration. I will be calling them on Monday. Thanks, again!!

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm not in CA, but we have Virtual Academy as well.  My cousin's daughter has been using it and enjoys the freedom it gives her.  I say give them a call and see what you can learn about the program.

Ariesmama4life
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM
K12 virtual schools are all over the US! My son is only 4 but we are seriously considering doing K12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devasmom
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Yes, I saw that on the website. Some charge though. The CAVA is free, thank goodness. 

Quoting Ariesmama4life:

K12 virtual schools are all over the US! My son is only 4 but we are seriously considering doing K12.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)