Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to know....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

I want to know....

How do you know your self-worth? A person can look at you and say "oh, he dont deserve you" or "he's too good for you"

My question is how do you know? Who gets to decide? And at what point do we look and say "I deserve more... This is what I want... This is what I will settle for"? I just don't get how someone can really decide that.

Once upon a time, myself (and prob a few others) have been in an abusive relationship... and during that time, we thought "This is what I deserve.. I deserve to be hit/smacked/punched/raped"- blah, blah, blah... For the majority of the time, I know/believe that. Other times, my mind goes back to that (if I'm not getting hit, then I sometimes feel my BF doesnt care about me)...

Its been on my mind a lot lately. One of my friends keeps going back to this jackass of a guy. I mean, i love the guy, but i HATE how he is in relationships. He treats the girls like crap (tells them he loves them then within a few months breaks up with them)... this girl though; she agreed to have a partial open relationship. SHE'S not allowed to speak to any guys, but he can fuck any girl he wants to- even if she was there (like if they went to the bar together, h can pick up a girl and she'd just have to go home).... They broke up, got back together- etc... Then her mom ended up in the hospital, a week later- her dad. she cried to him, begging him to just come visit the hospital with her for a little bit and he straight up said no! She told me she was done with him.... but she's right back with him! I keep telling her that she deserves more, better- that she deserves someone who will be there for her... and yet she keeps going back.

What are your thoughts on it? at what point will she realize-- or will anyone realize- that they deserve more, or will they always feel that thats what they deserve, that this is what they want?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I wish I knew. 

Dragonmamas
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Maybe she wont realize it, not everyone has that moment where it hits them like some of us were fourtunate enough to have. She obviously has no self esteem, she'll need to seek help for that, but for as long as he's around she wont.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM

bump

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM

BUMP!

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)