Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for mommas with experience with depression

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok I need your help. I'm not sure if what I have is depression or just an eeyore type personality like my husband believes.

Since I was a teenager I have always had a problem with self image and how others see me.

I have always had issues with believing that someone could ever love me, mostly because my parents and many of my extended family told me since I was very young that I was ugly and no one would ever love me. This led to many suicidal thoughts when I was younger and even now when DH and I get into fights, I still wonder if anyone would even miss me if I was gone.

I'm not like this constantly though. I can be very upbeat and a lot of people tell me I have a very "bubbly" personality. I smile and laugh with my kids and husband, but when I'm alone at times, I wonder if my DH really loves me and I sit and cry because there are times when I feel so lonely. These bouts of wanting ro cry when I'm alone can last a few hours, a few days, or even weeks at a time. And other than fights, other things can set it off, seeing a husband a wife really affectionate with each other (DH has never been very affectionate), hearing DH has been asked out by another woman (he works front desk at a hotel, so this has happened a few times, he turns them down, but still it bothers me), and just other images of love and affection that it seems I'll never be good enough to have. Even  images of a friend's wedding last weekend set me off for a crying jag, even though I am super happy for her, I wish I could've had the big wedding, and all the friends and family give us their blessing.

So tell me, please in your honest opinions, does this sound like depression, and should I seek help of some sort?

Oh and please no bashing me, I'm being really honest here and really needing some answers.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM
It sounds like insecurity that has led to depression

Try talking to your doctor. If you don't want harsh meds, try st johns wart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Survivor6388
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Sounds like depression to me...

Writing out how I feel and how things affect me helps me. I'm also in therapy to deal with it all.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM

yep...depression.

lilmom71
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Yes.  I think hubby is only telling you that because he feels you don't want him.    

kayandjsmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I'm not a doctor so I can't say but I know that you should talk to a doctor. I know when I'm depressed I feel more insecure. I cry out of nowhere. I hope you feel better hun.

And about your husband not being affectionate- I completely understand. My husband is like this and it made me feel like he loved me but wasn't attracted to me. I talked to him about it. He just was raised that way. And when I'm depressed I feel like this about him more.

snowbunny29
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM

sounds like depression

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM

HAPPY PILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. seriously, yes youre depressed. i am the same way. 

livyla
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM

yes it sounds like depression maybe some anxiety too  and there are medications that can help you and relieve your pain~  keep your chin up and hang in there...

krayzbabylove
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Depression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyLeah73
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Go to depression anonymous. Amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)