Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a mistake? A lil long but a good one

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm happily married. In fact my husband and I are going to be celebrating 1 yr tomorrow. We are buying a house and decided that it was our 1yr gift to each other!
Anywho my sister who just moved into town is very single she was dating this guy for a really long time like 5 yrs. Him and I went out on 1 date and I knew from the get go he was a loser who wasn't going any where. My sister started to date him and by the time I figured out that was who she was dating they had been together for a yr so I figured maybe he'd be right for her I mean she did start staying clean (she was on house arrest for drugs and just a huge partier) a lot more after being with him. Now they have broken up but she's still clean and sober.
So She moved back in with my parents after the break up and this morning her and I went to breakfast. I was telling her that last night I was thinking this other guy I use to date would be a really good person for her to hang out with. She was like o dear. Lol but I was telling her no no no u don't have to date him, I mean I dont care if that's how it ends up but he's a fun guy and he knows the city really well. She asked me why we broke up and I told her mostly cuz he wasn't the settling down type at the time and he never wanted to come see me just always wanted me to go there. I told her we are still good friends and she doesn't even have to hang out with him if she doesn't want to but I think she might like him as a friend at least!
So I was telling DH about mine and my sisters talk. He wasn't upset but he gave me this look that I've never seen him give me before like he wasn't sure about my sister being friend with a guy I dated. I assured him that him and my sister more then likely won't date but hes a nice guy who has a steady job and likes to have fun. I just want Her to have male friends like that cuz then maybe he'll introduce her to other nice men that are stable or I don't care if they do date. I just want her to know that not all men are losers!!! He shrugged and changed the subject which is fine I was done talking about it anyway but now I'm wondering if it bugs him and if it was a bad idea all together. What do u all think?
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Ask him if it bugs him.

Then plant a big one on him and grab his stuff and tell him your his and his alone.

Men can be funny like that. I have no issues with my hubby's past, but when it comes to mine, he gets a little jealous. (eye brows get raised, and I get "oh really?"...lol)

momofSkyeNShy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Lol while we were at breakfast my sis said did u sleep with this guy and I'm sure hubby knows I did so maybe that's why he gave me the look. But o well it was like freaking almost 5 yrs ago that guy and I are both adults so he can date, hang out with, and have sex with who ever he wants to. I mean obviously if I wanted the guy to not freely go out with other girls I wouldnt of given him up so easy! I've got my man I've got the guy I want sleep with and be with forever. Knowing this guy and my sister they will probably just be friends who talk to each other on FB! Maybe it was omg u silly girl playing match maker look. Lol he says that to me often when I tell him I want one of my gfs to meet one of his guy friends next time they come to visit me. Lol I don't play match maker I play friend maker!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Ask him if it bugs him.

Then plant a big one on him and grab his stuff and tell him your his and his alone.

Men can be funny like that. I have no issues with my hubby's past, but when it comes to mine, he gets a little jealous. (eye brows get raised, and I get "oh really?"...lol)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)