• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am actually being serious

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

What do you think makes you a good mother?

What is MOST important to you? What do you want to teach your children? What traits do you want to instill in them? We all call each other bad mothers for many reasons... so what makes you a good one?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kayandjsmom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I take

What do you think makes you a good mother? I take time to talk to my kids and understand their point of view. I love them unconditionally. I say sorry when I know I am in the wrong.

What is MOST important to you? Knowing they are taken care of and loved.

What do you want to teach your children? To be happy with themselves, respect others,have fun.

What traits do you want to instill in them? I want them to be independent, respectful, honest.

MeganGallagher
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM

BUMP!

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Quoting MeganGallagher:

What do you think makes you a good mother? I love and provide for my son.  He is my world and the reason I do what I do.

What is MOST important to you? His safety and happiness.  What do you want to teach your children? How to be a kind, responsible,hardworking person.  What traits do you want to instill in them? Confidence and kindness. We all call each other bad mothers for many reasons... so what makes you a good one?  I would do anything for my DS.  When you are a mother you know what it feels like to have your heart on the outside of your body. 

toybar02
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM
I'm here for my son and I take care of all his needs by myself, the only thing I believe that can make someone a bad mother is neglect or abuse but I love my son and I treat him like the king he is
mommywife06
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM
What's most important to me? Knowing my kids are taken care of. They are happy. They aren't neglected.
What do I want to teach my children? To respect people not because of their status but because they earned the respect. Not be afraid to express how they feel. To work hard and there is no limit to what they can accomplish.
What traits do I want to instill in them? Hard working, cooking skills lol, how to find the positive in negatives but not to get their hopes up.

Quoting MeganGallagher:

What do you think makes you a good mother?

What is MOST important to you? What do you want to teach your children? What traits do you want to instill in them? We all call each other bad mothers for many reasons... so what makes you a good one?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganGallagher
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I agree! =)

and he is my entire heart!

Quoting klespeedy0205:

Quoting MeganGallagher:

What do you think makes you a good mother? I love and provide for my son.  He is my world and the reason I do what I do.

What is MOST important to you? His safety and happiness.  What do you want to teach your children? How to be a kind, responsible,hardworking person.  What traits do you want to instill in them? Confidence and kindness. We all call each other bad mothers for many reasons... so what makes you a good one?  I would do anything for my DS.  When you are a mother you know what it feels like to have your heart on the outside of your body. 

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I strive to nurture, challenge and inspire my kids.  I research important decisions b/c I believe when you know better, you do better.  I treat them with respect and try to cherish them being little while still instilling discipline without violence and maintain high expectations of them...

MeganGallagher
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:21 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)