Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't sleep with a cousin ! WTH

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm black and for some reason in the black community EVERYBODY is your cousin,brother, sister etc lol its just sad !  When I was 16 or 17 my aunts' husband LITTLE BROTHER and I started dating , now let me go over this the normal scientific way 

My aunt = My mom's blood sister which makes my aunt a BLOOD RELATIVE

My aunts hubby = no blood relation to me what so ever ! 

therefore his brother is not my cousin ! how is that even possible my aunt gets married and her new hubby which i guess would be an uncle ,little brother is now my cousin ??? it doesn't even make sense .... 

So since people made a HUGE deal about it, passing rumors that I was sleeping with my cousin LOL we just ended it ... but we still laugh at the fact that our families have no clue how a family tree works ...

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I could see their point if you grew up together as cousins, but it sounds like you met later in life... its just a big taboo in our society. But, you are right, technically, there is no blood relation.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM

i know what u are saying... guys that my brothers have grown up with they all call me lil sis... i did date one of them and oh my gosh it was crazy ..it didnt last long LOL..

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)