• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me, me, me, all about me!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

Well, I'm new here.  I've been reading and replying to posts for a couple weeks now.  Guess it's time I made one.  I'm almost 50, work outside the home, married to DH for 13 yrs.  I have no kids of my own.  SM of 4 ages 27 down to 19.  De facto Guardian of 1, 10yrs old.  I've know BM and DH since we were all in out teens.    BM was in hospital mental unit while with #4 in1991.  She kept telling me she just needed to rest.  While there, she decided she wanted a divorce and told him so during one of their counseling sessions.  So they separated. When she got out she moved in with me, then into her own apt.  It took him 6yrs to get the divorce. 

BM kicked #2 out in 1994 and #1 went with.  They both came to live at my house.  #3 floated back and forth until 1997.  We had PC of 3 older ones since 1997, #4 came to live w/us in 2001. #5 has been in our lives since day one.  DH has been his father figure.  He came to live with us in late 2007. We got temporary custody in 2009.  After long custody battle, we became his guardians just this year.  (long complicated story)  BM is in the picture.  She lives about 45 min away.  Lost her license due to a DUI in 2009.  She decided she didn't have to do what the court said, so they decided not to give her license back.  Since she discovered the court was serious, she's decided to follow their rules.  For a year we took #5 back and forth to visit his mom every other Sunday, or they wouldn't see each other.  We quit after we found out her 1yr suspended license was over.  There are very hard feelings between her and OSD (27), and her and YSS (19).  She has a relationship w/#2 and #3 right now, but I think it's a relationship of convenience.  She needs them so she communicates with them. Since we quit taking #5 for visits, she started talking to #3 and #3 takes him EOWE. Prior to that #3 was not allowed near her property. 

Today things are tolerable.  But how I wish I had CM when my SK's were little. I've noticed I'll have one opinion after reading a post, but after reading some replies I can see the other side.

Thanks for stopping by.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Daynaof3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Welcome and glad you like it here! I like the screen name btw, very clever!

pseudomamma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  The kids gave me the name.....

kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymom2316
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Welcome! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)