• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Upset

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am so upset with my dog.  I bought my son this great elephant 3 years ago for $20 at Sam's Club.  The dogs have all been indifferent to it for years.  It is about 24" tall, had an internal steel frame and supported up to 140lbs, so even dear old mom could sit on it.  DS has fallen in love with it lately, sits on it all the time,"rides" (scoots it, as it is designed to be ridden on and scooted about) it across the floor, etc.  Its his buddy.  Well, my freaking dog PEED all over it!  I am so upset with him.  We've had him for 5 years and he has NEVER peed or pooped in the house.  All of a sudden, out of no where, he peed all over my baby's FAVORITE toy and ruined it.  Because of that frame, which was such a selling point when I bought it, there is NO way to launder it.  It is totally ruined and now in my garbage can and, DS and I are both heart broken.  He has told his elephant by twice now, and was about in tears the first time.  I've been searching all day for something similar and the closest thing I can find is at FAO Schwartz and is $140!!!  We did tell DS (he's 4 now) that we will take him to Toys R Us and let him pick any toy he wants to replace it, because it is absolutely NOT his fault.  (I will put a price limit on him, but it will be high enough that, short of a power wheels, he will be able to get whatever he wants.  And yes, if ALL He wants is another elephant, which he keeps saying, "Its ok Mommy, we can get another one," I will get him the one I did find.)  I just am so sad for my son; he is very upset, but all in all, is taking it like a big boy, and being as understanding as an almost 4 year old can be about it.  He just wants to keep telling his elephant bye, and at one point was teary eyed and said, "But he doesn't want to be in the trash.  He's still smiling."  It broke my heart.  :(

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
willswifey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:03 PM

can you steam clean it with the attachment hoses? I mean my dogs have peed on the corner of our old couch one and I had to steam clean it, couldnt throw the couch away just yet, and that did just fine. I just used the attachments and really hot soapy water, it will get it all wet and then suck everything back out

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Its awful; there really is not hope for it.  He has peed over every inch of the thing.  At this point, I don't want to get his hopes up that we can "maybe save it," either.  I have found a polar bear and a triceratops that are the same basic toy, and is only $60, so I will order that for him as soon as I have the money (in about a month).

Quoting willswifey:

can you steam clean it with the attachment hoses? I mean my dogs have peed on the corner of our old couch one and I had to steam clean it, couldnt throw the couch away just yet, and that did just fine. I just used the attachments and really hot soapy water, it will get it all wet and then suck everything back out

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:54 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)