Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do... I don't know how hurt he is...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

ds hurt his arm (rolling over a giant pillow), we went to the urgent care, they took x-rays and said they couldn't see anything wrong and to go home, he didn't even need a wrap, they gave him a sling for the moment...

he got home at about 11 am and has not moved from the big chair he's been sitting in all day... he doesn't want to move, he doesn't want me to touch his arm...

what would you do?

go back to er? wait until monday? wrap it up? just give motrin?

Photobucket

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Is it swollen or bruised or anything?

mommyiverson22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Does it look swollen? I would leave it in a sling and see how it feels on monday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine201
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Since you had it looked at and had an x ray already...I would jusdt give motrin and maybe an ice pack and see how he is tommorrow. it's probably just sore.

Somewoman.on.cm
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

it looks like it might be a little bit bruised/swollen, but you kinda have to look hard...

LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:21 PM

It may be bruised on the bone. Typically it takes a lot of force for that to happen though, I'm not sure it could happen by just rolling over a pillow (unless I don't understand the full extent of what happened to cause this).

My advice would be to leave it in the sling and encourage him not to put any pressure on it (don't lay on it if he sleeps on his side, etc) and give him Motrin for the pain. If it isn't better by Monday, I would take him back to urgent care.

Quoting Somewoman.on.cm:

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

it looks like it might be a little bit bruised/swollen, but you kinda have to look hard...

Pregnancy Ticker

snowbunny29
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:21 PM

he may have sprained it

Somewoman.on.cm
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM

that's also why I was a little hesitant at first to think he was really hurt because I thought "how hurt can you get playing on a pillow..." but he's still not moved from his spot...

I was thinking maybe he hyperextended his elbow trying to catch a fall or something?

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

It may be bruised on the bone. Typically it takes a lot of force for that to happen though, I'm not sure it could happen by just rolling over a pillow (unless I don't understand the full extent of what happened to cause this).

My advice would be to leave it in the sling and encourage him not to put any pressure on it (don't lay on it if he sleeps on his side, etc) and give him Motrin for the pain. If it isn't better by Monday, I would take him back to urgent care.

Quoting Somewoman.on.cm:

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)