• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

StepMIL Vent. Ugh. *edit*

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, my SMIL is an attention whore. She has babies for the hell of it. (Or so it seems) Anyway, that is a different post. This is just the most recent occurance of her attention-whoring.

Memorial Day came along and I noticed just a few days before that her profile picture on Facebook was a coffee mug that said "Army Mom and Proud of it." Me, being a smartass asked "Is (oldest son) joining?" She responded that she got it when my Dh graduated basic training. Wtf. This lady is the same age as Dh's oldest sister. lol

I mean, good for his dad (I guess) but in no way does Dh see her as the mother figure she tries to portray. It's fricken annoying.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

Oh, and btw, he graduated basic 8 years ago... lmao

I am a discipline enforcing, cry it out method using, possible extended rear facing, sometimes unsure of myself, failed at breastfeeding but wants to try again, gun loving, middle of the road kind ofproud of my husband for everything he doesChristian by my own standards mommy of beautiful preemie twin girls and wife to an amazing Army soldier.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Anyone?

twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM

shoutingHello?? 

I am a discipline enforcing, cry it out method using, possible extended rear facing, sometimes unsure of myself, failed at breastfeeding but wants to try again, gun loving, middle of the road kind ofproud of my husband for everything he doesChristian by my own standards mommy of beautiful preemie twin girls and wife to an amazing Army soldier.

twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:22 PM

bump...

JZB
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Why are you letting it get to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM
This, at least she is proud of him.

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM

lol I don't sit here and lose sleep over it. It's just annoying. She acts "high and mighty" and it is annoying. Thanks for responding btw. lmao 

Quoting JZB:

twocutetwins09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 PM

That's the thing though. She isn't proud of him. She put it up close to Memorial Day so people would know that she deserves some attention.

Quoting mamakenzi:

This, at least she is proud of him.

Quoting JZB:

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM

idk. i think your just looking for reasons to get peeved by her if something that small bothers you..

lilyrose73
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Quoting Cookie.Kisses09:

idk. i think your just looking for reasons to get peeved by her if something that small bothers you..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Well it bugs you enough to post it! Hey more are responding now.

Quoting twocutetwins09:

lol I don't sit here and lose sleep over it. It's just annoying. She acts "high and mighty" and it is annoying. Thanks for responding btw. lmao 

Quoting JZB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)