• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE! WATCH YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM
  • 83 Replies
Just keep bumping this.

I just recieved news that my DS daycare teacher (he just left the daycare bc we moved, last month) just lost her son due to drowning. I don't know the details but she is a GREAT person and teacher. I am sooooooo sad for her. DS just went to spend half day with her the Friday before Memorial Day. Her son drowned Monday.

This is the SECOND lady I personally know that has lost their children from drowning in the last TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!! BE A HELICOPTER PARENT TO YOUR CHILD WHEN THEY ARE IN THE WATER, EVEN KIDDIE POOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also! DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO WATCH YOUR KID(S) THAT YOU DO NOT TRUST WITHOUT 100% KNOWING THEY'LL HELICOPTER YOUR CHILD(REN) IN WATER, ALSO!!!!!!

There is ONE person that I trust without any doubt in my mind that will helicopter my child while in the water; that is my mother....no one else.

Please!!!!! Keep an eye on your babies, things can go bad in a second.

Please keep bumping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roxy27
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM

BUMP!

Kleotide
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Bump.

Ladysigma07
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dixiechic88

BUMP!

mommysangelface
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JosHaileyMom
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cryssi_renee
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM

BUMP!

mom2ljh

I'm so sorry for her loss.  We use the Y pool and DH and I are both on top of his at all times.  Thank you for advocating for children; let these children's deaths not be in vain.  

tsweetkissest

BUMP!

firefly63701
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Thats so sad.  My kids are 8 and 10 and they dont go swimming unless my dh or someone else who can swim is there since I cant.  I watch them but i want the reassurance that someone who can swim can save them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)