• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I admit it, I'm jealous as hell....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:04 PM
  • 34 Replies

My friend's brother and his wife pretty much are living the life I imagined mine to be....

They are both 27.

She is a registered nurse and he is an electrician.

They got married when they were 24.

They got pregnant shortly after they got married.

She went through labor and delivery with no epidural (I wanted to, but had back labor that lasted 42 hours - I got epidural after 39 hours of labor).

She had no problems breastfeeding and is still breastfeeding her 1 1/2 year old.

They were both super diligent about money management and saving.

They just bought a dream home ($250,000).

He co-owns several properties with his 2 brothers where they split the income from rent payments each month.

They pretty much have their shit together and seem to have the absolutely "perfect" life!

I'm a 31 single mother of a 2 year old....am living in the same apartment I have lived in since 2005...am dependent on child care assistance and food stamps and don't have a clue when I will be successful enough to own my own home.

On a positive note, I am a senior in college and only a few semesters away from getting my bachelor's degree....so I hope to get closer to at least financial independence after I graduate....but when I hear their updates I can't help but be extremely jealous (while being very happy for them)!!!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM

good luck

MultiPara
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM

((hugs))

bananahammock1
Aww, well you seem to be on the right track :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode

Its hard not to be jealous lol they have it goin on!

Try to focus on what's important. Your child and starting your career. Pretty soon you will have it goin on too!

Ashmom614
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Quoting activitymode:

Its hard not to be jealous lol they have it goin on!

Try to focus on what's important. Your child and starting your career. Pretty soon you will have it goin on too!

LilGina
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM

use them as motivation to work your butt off and get ahead in life

DavidsMyLove
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM
That must be an awful feeling. I couldn't imagine. I bet their life is not 100. But they are very good at pretending. Or they just don't share their downs.

You will make it mama. Just hang in there a little longer.
mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Good for you! You should be proud of your achievements and 'pulling yourself up by your bootstraps'.I'm sure everything in their life isn't 'perfect'.Every body struggles with something,sometimes we only see what people allow us to see.

in love                           blowing bubbles

Nathan & Tracey 06.12.99             Grace 10.10.03

Leslie120
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM
HUGS. My sister is getting married in sept to her rich fiance who has a perfect house, perfect car, perfect career etc. Thatll be her life soon too, "perfect". I know how you feel. I'm happy for her of course, but its hard not to be jealous. Sounds like you're well on your way to bettering your life though too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
born2bAmother
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM

congrats on being  senior...thats excellent.....things will get better soon....another thing is you never know what goes on behind closed doors.....one day youll find them getting a divorce....jk...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)