Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

If you stay at home with your children do any of you think about never returning to work.  I am considering just volunteering my time when my kids are older.  I already do a lot of volunteer work through my church and it is much more fuflilling and less stressful then teaching was. Before having kids I used to feel bad for Stay at Home moms thinking they had no life but work really isn't everything I have found.  I don't think i will ever really be a career person.  Does anyone else think about staying home permanetly?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
philipmommy4834
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM

BUMP!

LanaisSky96
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jayzwife
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM
ive only had 1 job in my life. 6 yrs ago. i plan on working agsin when my youngest starts school. i got another 5 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM
I will probably always work part time when ever hubby needs me as I am now. But as far as a career, no. I will always just mostly stay home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanaisSky96
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:57 PM
I forgot to add my comment. I don't plan on staying home permanently. I'm returning to both work and school;Once our son recieves the help he needs for his multiple disorders. I love my son, but staying at home all day and everyday isn't for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine06
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I think about it sometimes.  When my youngest goes to school I will have been a SAHM for 14 years.  Who is going to hire someone with no work expirence for the last 14 years?  Sure, I have an education, but no experience doing anything other than being a mom.  I guess I'm a bit nervous about it.  This is my 'job'.  I know being a SAHM was the right thing to do for my family, but I question if it was the right thing to do for me.  Yeah yeah, I know moms don't matter and our kids are #1, but this is a little messed up.  I guess I will see what happens in 2 years.

LMJ1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I do plan to return to work.  I have very big career plans to fultill.  I'll wait till she's school age. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I have no intention of ever going back to work. I do home-school my children so they will be home with me but as the get older we will all volunteer. It is an important character building opportunity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

philipmommy4834
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:11 PM

BUMP!

LanaisSky96
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)