Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 yr. old/Mortal Kombat

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Would you let your 5 year old watch while your husband played the new Mortal Kombat game? Why or why not?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:48 PM

No I don't think I would!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:50 PM
We have Mortal Combat for the Wii & my 6yr old DD has fought my 11yr old DS.

I know I'm a horrible mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charweba
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Nope because the new game is quite graphic. The krypt creeps me out completely. Whenever DH is playing the game our children are not allowed to go downstairs.

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I've let my 3 year old play it. Only once though. We dont play it often and dont let him watch all the time, but we also dont censor things like that.

Parksey27
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I am so on the fence about it.

The new one is pretty graphic and he really wants to watch Daddy play it.

Part of me is screaming noooooo, but another part feels like I am being too overprotective. They say watching violence of any kind is bad for kids, but he watches movies like Kung Fu Panda which has fighting with bad guys. This isn't that much different, right??

Just wanted other Mom's opinions

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:48 AM
I sure do. He loves the movies and games. Hes 5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Quoting Parksey27:

I am so on the fence about it.

The new one is pretty graphic and he really wants to watch Daddy play it.

Part of me is screaming noooooo, but another part feels like I am being too overprotective. They say watching violence of any kind is bad for kids, but he watches movies like Kung Fu Panda which has fighting with bad guys. This isn't that much different, right??

Just wanted other Mom's opinions

Ok, Kung Fu Panda and Mortal Kombat are way different. However I dont believe the crap about any thing with violence is bad. DS is only 4 and has been watching movies (not just cartoons) with violence in them for most of his life. He watches Ghost Busters (ok, not violent, but scary for some), Jurassic Park, some of the Batman's, Superman, Spiderman and all kinds of movies like that. He does just fine and we explain to him that what is on TV is fake. He doesn't get scared or anything from it. Then I look at my nephew who has basically been sheltered from anything violent or scary for most of his 7yrs and he is still afraid of monsters in his room.

I'm not saying all kids are able to handle everything the same and should be allowed to watch anything. However I dont think it does them any good to keep them sheltered from anything with violence or scary stuff. As long as it doesn't affect the kid in a bad way, then I dont see a problem. JMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)