Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son had to be rushed to the hospital today

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

The kids are spending the weekend at their dad's and this morning I got a phone call from my ex saying my 6 yr old was having an allergic reaction and they were taking him to the hospital. So i met them there. His throat was swollen and was closing up making him not able to breath. When I got there they already had him hooked up to an IV and oxygen to help him breath and his lips were kinda blue.. I asked my ex what he ate to cause the reaction and he said he didn't know since he was just getting out of the shower and his gf gave the kids breakfast, So he called her to find out. She said she gave him Nutella, which has hazelnut in it. He is allergic to tree nuts! She claimed she didn't know even though I have heard my ex tell her twice what he is allergic to. btw i'm not blaming her, her comment just pisses me off since I know she knows. The kept him in the hospital for a few hours to make sure he was ok. He ended up coming home with me instead of going back to his dad's (his choice). The last time he had an allergic reaction was when he was 2 yr old when we first found out her was allergic to tree nuts, Today was one of the scariest days of my life and I hope we won't have to go through this again!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngeLnChainZ
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM

How scary! Glad you aren't putting any blame on the other person because i'm sure she feels guilty enough. Hope the little one feels better. Allergic reactions are no fun.

lv.42.dy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM

That's sucks. I hope he's better!!

lv.42.dy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I agree.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

How scary! Glad you aren't putting any blame on the other person because i'm sure she feels guilty enough. Hope the little one feels better. Allergic reactions are no fun.

bcuz2pplfelnlv
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2_3blessings
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM
oh wow..so scary glad he is ok....im like you though she had been told you would think when the kids are there the top priority would be not making anything with what he is allergic to...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Poor guy! :(

Glad he's ok... but he must have been terrified!

AimBre
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I'm glad he's okay!

SpiritFortress
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:15 PM

That's so scary! Hopefully they will be much more careful with what they're giving him from now on. 

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Glad he is doing better. You may want to talk to his doctor about an epi pen. 

82ndairbornewif
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM
So scarry, ds is allergic to peanuts its scarry! Glad he's ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)