Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you take your kids to a birthday party...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM
  • 39 Replies
When you take your kids to the birthday party of a friend from school, do you stay? DD1s friend from school had both her parents and their other (younger) child come and stay at the party..

Then the father had the balls to yell at DD2 when I was standing right there (literally, 5 ft away) for touching his wifes plate when she asked what she had. Uhm, no. Correct her nicely or bring it to my attention. Don't tell my daughter "keep your dirty hands off her food, don't you touch her food!".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Yes I stay.. he's 4. lol I'd be scared to leave him by himself!

Maybe the dude was a germophobe. I work with someone like that, especially when it comes to her food. She doesnt want ANYONE coming close to touching it. I wouldnt have taken it to heart. Honestly, I wouldnt want a kid putting their hands on my plate either. I'm sure he could have handled it better, but its done and over with.

AngeLnChainZ
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I think i'd probably say something had someone been touching mine or someone elses food as well if the parent didn't step up and say something right away. That's rude.

lwalker270
by Lara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM

It would really depend on how well I know the parents.  

MommyFlood
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Oh man. Angry much? I'm sorry! DD is only 2 so I do always stay but that would have ticked me off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Wow. I don't care where you're at, you don't talk to a child like that. Good grief
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM

No I do not stay.. and omg really I would have taken both and walk out...

Mama2.AN.LP.ZJF
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM
I didn't see her touch it (I was busy helping his daughter with something 5 ft away, if that). She's not even 4. Its almost always 95 % family at the parties, and most of them don't care.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

I think i'd probably say something had someone been touching mine or someone elses food as well if the parent didn't step up and say something right away. That's rude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Memigen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Yes I stay, no I do not yell at other people's kids.

mom2_3blessings
i wouldnt let anyone touch my food either ..i think i would have left the dirty little hands part out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2.AN.LP.ZJF
When I asked what she did, he said she touched the edge of the plate. It was on the table and standing her eyes hit the table edge. Its not like she put her hand all over it.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Yes I stay.. he's 4. lol I'd be scared to leave him by himself!

Maybe the dude was a germophobe. I work with someone like that, especially when it comes to her food. She doesnt want ANYONE coming close to touching it. I wouldnt have taken it to heart. Honestly, I wouldnt want a kid putting their hands on my plate either. I'm sure he could have handled it better, but its done and over with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)