• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH totally just tried to sneak behind my back!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

He wanted his parents to come over this weekend, and normally that's fine with me, but I just started my time of the month today, and I am cramping, extremely bloated, and I just don't feel like having company, so when he mentioned it earlier today, I told him how I felt, and said something about inviting them over next weekend instead.

He goes in to our toddlers room with him and closes the door. I think nothing of it, he goes there and plays with ds, well I decided to get up and join them, which he was not expecting.

I walk in, see him sitting on the bed with the phone in his hand, and he jumps up quickly, tries to slip it in his pocket, but misses, then tries to be sly about it and play it off and raises his phone up and says "I wonder what my mom is up to." acting like he was thinking about calling her. I said "Didn't you just call her a little bit ago to see what she was up to?"

I knew he was up to something, because he just looks so obvious. He tries to say he was changing his mom's ring tone, and I keep giving him the suspicious eye. I told him I knew he was lying, so he finally fessed up and told me he was going to go in there, sneak and call her to invite them over, then he was going to spring it on me tomorrow and say they were coming over! How rude! I would have been pretty upset, but I lost it and started busting out laughing when he tried to put his phone in his pocket and missed, then tried to play it off, but still, he could have just talked to me about it again, and more than likely I would have gave in. He gets his way most of the time.

I don't like the fact that he tried to go behind my back and do whatever he wants, then just springs it on me like that. I don't force him in to a situation, and I don't expect him to force me in to one either. I like to work out a mutual agreement, and be up front.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommyiverson22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Lol .... Men
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Its funny and odd all at the same time

mama_2_jasper
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM
What a brat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)