Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did my dh overreact or am I that naive?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM
  • 97 Replies
A new business is set to open mid next month. 2 main guys at that company were holding interviews. They have 2 other locations in different towns. Anyway, at the interview the guy asked me if I was married and where my dh works. Also, at the end if the interview he said "I would like to give you a try." my dh asked me what questions I was asked and what all the guy interviewing me said. I told dh and he immediately got pissed and said those questions were inappropriate and has nothing to do with the position I was interviewing for. My dh also claims that when the guy said " he would like to give me a try ." has nothing to do with the job but he thinks I will get hired. But he thinks the guy has other things in mind. He got all mad at me over it too. I'm like it was an innocent interview. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM

While I don't think your husband should be mad the interviewer should not ask questions about children or marriage or sexuality ect..it is inappropriate and it can lead them into trouble. I also think that his give you a try comment was innocent but not the best choice of words.

AjsMom0508
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Ummm those questions were beyond unprofessional not to mention completely unethical.  I would not work for that company. 

MommyFlood
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Yup

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Ummm those questions were beyond unprofessional not to mention completely unethical.  I would not work for that company. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamianaFire

I don't see anything wrong with the comment "I'd like to give you a try" but.. I cannot really speak to the entire interview unless you give us the rest of the questions they asked. So far, I think your DH is overeacting.

MamaTasha08

I've never been asked about my husband at an interview.

marriedmomma3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Those questions are illegal. You need to learn how to interview and how to positively get yourself out of those situations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marriedmomma3
Are you serious? Those questions are not allowed to be asked in an interview

Quoting DamianaFire:

I don't see anything wrong with the comment "I'd like to give you a try" but.. I cannot really speak to the entire interview unless you give us the rest of the questions they asked. So far, I think your DH is overeacting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_2_jasper
You should not have been asked about dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I am taking a class in how to ask interviewing questions and we are taught never to ask those type of questions...those about marriage, family life, sexuality, etc are very unprofessional.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)