Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Ever Made $ by Selling Avon/MK/Tastefully Simple/Passion Parties etc.?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM
  • 59 Replies

Has anyone ever made any extra money off of any direct sales businesses?

Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiliMama18
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 PM

BUMP!

ShalaneAnn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM
I have made money with Pampered Chef but not as much as others have. I find you make money if you have alot of friends who have alot of friends. In my case I have none.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie0908
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM
That minus the first sentence. I sold avon and didn't make anything really. I did waste a lot of time though

Quoting ShalaneAnn:

I have made money with Pampered Chef but not as much as others have. I find you make money if you have alot of friends who have alot of friends. In my case I have none.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lv.42.dy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM

nope

lv.42.dy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

And that is why I won't do this. I feel it would be a huge waste of time.

Quoting Jamie0908:

That minus the first sentence. I sold avon and didn't make anything really. I did waste a lot of time though

Quoting ShalaneAnn:

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I make money selling Mary Kay. Started about a month ago and already have 7 recruits under me... am moving up fast. Can't WAIT to get my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Quoting ShalaneAnn:

The first mistake I made was trying to sell to friends. It made me feel like a failure because most didn't buy much, or anything at all. I had to move outside my comfort zone and outside my circle of friends. That is how I started to succeed. :) 

My blog: tutorials, DIY, couponing
and lots more! :)  

ProudSingleMum
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Sold Discovery Toys. Loved them. But no one else did because they aren't on TV, so eventhough they were guaranteed, fun and education, people passed them up for the things their kids saw on commercials. I made no money.

4theKydz
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I never have but know people who have.  They have to put A LOT of time into it.  It is their life.  Their voicemail says "Hi I'm the Mary Kay Lady...what do you want to buy...."

rriley
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM
I sell Scentsy and I have done a great job with it when I am active. I made a killing during the holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)