Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottle Advice Needed- No Drama Wanted

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM
  • 28 Replies

My son Is 2 1/2 and yes he is still on the bottle. He only gets it at bed time and nap time and only milk nothing else, If he wants something else besides milk he has to drink it from a cup but yet if I put milk in his cup the throws the biggest fit. Ihave been trying every trick in the book to get this bottle away from him with out me having restless nights because of it... He wakes me up at least once a night to refill it... with my DD i had no problem taking away her bottle in fact she was off of it when she was 11 months...

Any advice for me besides the - suck it up and deal with him crying for it for a couple of nights? please no drama just advice..

He has been to the dentist and his dentist recommended taking him off the bottle but his teach were perfect...

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liz.1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Sorry, I have no advice except the advice you don't want...

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Cold turkey. I had to do this with Naeem and believe me for a few nights he cried. But he got over it.  Explain to him that he's a big boy.  Get him to throw all the bottles away.  Maybe take him to Walmart to pick out a new cup?  That's what I did.

skileybug
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM

The problem with that is- He doesn't talk YET. so when I try to tell him hes a big boy and doesn't need the bottle he looks at me like im nuts... But buying the new cup thing I might try and only put milk in it

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Cold turkey. I had to do this with Naeem and believe me for a few nights he cried. But he got over it.  Explain to him that he's a big boy.  Get him to throw all the bottles away.  Maybe take him to Walmart to pick out a new cup?  That's what I did.

00momma00
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM

What if you dyed the milk? Can he see it in his bottle? You could tell him the bottles are too old for milk, or something like that.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Yes, take him to get a new cup.   Let him pick it out.  His own cup.  And just throw away the bottles.  Like I said the first few nights will not be good but he'll eventually get over it.

Quoting skileybug:

The problem with that is- He doesn't talk YET. so when I try to tell him hes a big boy and doesn't need the bottle he looks at me like im nuts... But buying the new cup thing I might try and only put milk in it

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM
I had this same problem but the bottle was just for nights with milk and she was seeing a dentist at the time teeth were all good but it was the rubber top she liked so I went to walmart and got nuk sippy cup with rubber top. She loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM

smack him

mamawhit08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I have no idea. You said you don't want to hear it, but honestly the only way is that you're going to have to just take it, tell him the trash man took them or something so he knows they're not there anymore. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be for you to finally get him off it.

mamawhit08
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Regardless whether he is talking or not, at that age he is able to understand you enough to know what you are saying.

Quoting skileybug:

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

MommeeTo4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Bump bc I've never done bottles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)