Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a good mom

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

Maybe I'm wrong in this statement, but I actually think all moms doubt their parenting abilities at some point....I know I do. So it's nice when other people comment on your parenting in a good way. Today two people did this. One I don't know, she's someone my aunt went to school with and just happened to be at the pool today. They were chatting while I was in the pool with my son. My aunt later said that this woman said "She seems like such a good mom". Then later today one of my friends called me and in the middle of the convo she said "You are such a good mom, your son always listens to you". Made me feel good. It's hard sometimes and I feel like even though I'm doing my best, it's not really working...but other people see that it is, so that makes me happy :) Today was a great day (even without the compliments) and I'm so happy to have my son :)boy kissing mom

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

good

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM

BUMP!

Embers88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I know what you mean. Those compliments always lift me up a little higher. It's just because my son is my GREATEST accomplishment... he gives me so much love. So to hear from an outsider looking in that I am giving just as much love back to him really makes me feel like I am doing my job well.

ProudSingleMum
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM

And sometimes (at least for me) I'm so close that I can't see what other people see. I htink "oh my gosh, we've gone over this 100 times and he's still misbehaving", but they see me say "Don't do that" and he stops and listens...and doesn't continue doing it. I'm focusing on the fact that he still isn't 'getting it' but they're seeing that I only have to say "stop" once and he listens.

UGH...and there's my problem...I really need to focus more on the positive instead of the negative!!!

Quoting Embers88:

I know what you mean. Those compliments always lift me up a little higher. It's just because my son is my GREATEST accomplishment... he gives me so much love. So to hear from an outsider looking in that I am giving just as much love back to him really makes me feel like I am doing my job well.

KellyGirl_TX
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM

quote: "I actually think all moms doubt their parenting abilities at some point"

Absolutely.  Especially when my dd became a teen and realized she could form her own opinions, and decide things for herself, LOL....I doubted myself alot.  Those were the toughest years of all, omg. I would have sworn my teenager was my enemy during those years but.....we came around just fine!  I'm glad you're feeling good about your mothering skills....hang on to that!! :)

KellyGirl_TX
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM

BUMP!

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I think the ones who don't ever question if they are being the best mom they can or if they are a good mom are the ones that are pretty poor...

Glad you had a great day with some great feedback!  :)

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:36 PM

that's awesome.  My mom tells me I am a good mom all the time. :)

ProudSingleMum
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM

My aunt does too, but it feels like she has to say that cause she's my 'mom', haha.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

that's awesome.  My mom tells me I am a good mom all the time. :)

kjfamily
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM
I love that feeling.. In the past month two different people in restuarants have come up to me and said " your girls are so well behaved and pretty"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)