Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are the absolute basics for an apartment?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • 24 Replies
signing my lease this week and i have two months to get NECESSITIES only for this place. after i get settles into school and all that I'll be able to get the rest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErinNYC
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Well what's your budget and how many people will be moving in?

brittanyjo85
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM

A vacuum, trash can, trash bags, utensils (forks, spoons, knives, etc), pots, pans, dishes (even paper plates will work for now, but you can find them cheap at a thrift store)...

Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM
What's the budget?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Is this your first place? Do you have anything already such as food, cleaning products, toiletries, dishes, furniture?

sugarstar22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM

BLEACH, SANTIZING WIPES, MOP, CLEANING RAGS, MOP BUCKET, TRASH BAGS , A VACCUM IF THER IS CARPET. YOU WANT TO CLEAN THAT SUCKER UP REAL GOOD BEFORE YOU SETTLE IN..TRUST ME, OURS WAS NOT PRETTY SMELLING OR LOOKING WHEN WE MOVED IN,

brittanyjo85
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM

broom, mop, dustpan...

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM

kitchen cooking stuff. trash cans. mop and broom. vacuum. shower curtain. towels. paper towels. toilet paper. cleaning supplies. 

prettynproper
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:36 PM
it's just me. it's my first place. it's a two bed condo, two story condo. the extra space is for my soon coming baby. :)

I have a waitressing job, just got it, full time. the tips are amazing. friday i made 180 in tips one night. i work five days out of the week, seven shifts. so I pull doubles twice a week. I said all that to say.. im not sure how much I make. one of the other full time girls said she at least 1000 a month. been there a year so that's her average.

my rent is 540 a month and includes cable and Internet. so i also have to pay electricity. i will get about 2500 dollars back from unused financial aid that i will need to go towards that monthly rent. i will just go ahead and pay up as far as i can.plus when school starts, I am not sure if i will be still working full time. that is a LOT plus being a full time student. so i wanna make sure everything is paid for.

does that help y'all with my budget? think I got off track..

as of now, I have a bed (no mattress) and a couch. and some decor for my bedroom but that's it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveLifeLoving
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I'll just go room by room for you..

Bedroom: Bed, mattress, sheets, pillows, etc. and some sort of storage for your clothes (dresser, hangers for the closet, etc).

Kitchen: Plates, cups, utensils, basic cookware (pot, pan, etc), kitchen table (unless you want to eat on the couch or something, I guess that could work..)

Family room: Couch/chair/somewhere to sit

Bathroom: Shower curtain (unless there's shower doors..)

Misc: Trash can, cleaning supplies (vacuum, etc)

prettynproper
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM
thanks! very helpful!

Quoting LiveLifeLoving:

I'll just go room by room for you..

Bedroom: Bed, mattress, sheets, pillows, etc. and some sort of storage for your clothes (dresser, hangers for the closet, etc).

Kitchen: Plates, cups, utensils, basic cookware (pot, pan, etc), kitchen table (unless you want to eat on the couch or something, I guess that could work..)

Family room: Couch/chair/somewhere to sit

Bathroom: Shower curtain (unless there's shower doors..)

Misc: Trash can, cleaning supplies (vacuum, etc)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)