Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you bother? (Title Changed)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:21 PM
JRM
  • 14 Replies

Do you hold back explaining things or answering posts sometimes here on CM because you feel that the other mothers simply will not understand what you write or your point of view on a topic? Or do you not post because you feel it would be a pointless waste of your time and effort?

.......Certainly, there is no hunting like the hunting of man. Those who have hunted armed men long enough & liked it never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve but, their interest rarely holds because after the other thing - ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue..

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.kk.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM

LOL Yes to the post, not so sure about the title.

BreefullyMe87
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM

All the time.

chocolat-smiles
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM

bump

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Yes to both, it depends on the topic and the person posting.

Cymbeline
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I have completely changed my posting style. I used to be pedantic, and, well, rather boring.

Embers88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Yes. There are certain subjects that I am very educated on from taking ENDLESS medical classes. But honestly, I try to stay out of those particular posts because the ignorance is suffocating. And there are always at least 75 moms viciously ranting about the subject and I can tell they have NO clue what they are talking about. It is too irritating for me to even participate.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I feel like that sometimes myself. Not that I'm knowledgeable on medical topics like yourself, but on stuff I'm very versed and experienced on - I find the level of ignorance amazing.

Quoting Embers88:

Yes. There are certain subjects that I am very educated on from taking ENDLESS medical classes. But honestly, I try to stay out of those particular posts because the ignorance is suffocating. And there are always at least 75 moms viciously ranting about the subject and I can tell they have NO clue what they are talking about. It is too irritating for me to even participate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:27 AM

depends really. Plus, I don't like to write novel length posts. So if it seems as if it will take to long to explain, I won't bother.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:28 AM

pointless waste of time

make a poll!

M2TandM
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Yes. If someone else has already said what I would say, or if it appears to be a drama post, or if the OP isn't just open to differing opinions as made obvious through replies, then I won't bother. In the first instance because repetition is not always necessary and in the 2nd instance, I have enough on my hands dealing with the children I teach as well as my own children - posting on here when some women are acting the exact same way is too tiring!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)