Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I would be SOOO pissed off if you were pregnant!"

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM
  • 43 Replies

I just got off the phone with my friend. She has been trying for a couple of years to get pregnant with no luck. I think it's because her dh is a pot smoker, but that's just me.

So anyway, I have Mirena and I had been having weird symptoms a couple of weeks ago. I took two pregnancy tests and they were negative, so I guess my hormones were just acting up. Well I was talking to her on the phone and said, "I took 2 pregnancy tests last week... but they were negative." She said, "OMG don't scare me like that!! I would be SOOO pissed off if you were pregnant again before me! I probably wouldn't talk to you for a LONG time."

WTF?? I feel awful for her that she is having a hard time getting pregnant. I have been the one to sit by her and let her cry and cry and cry and cry. I have given her all the hope in the world that she can conceive, and been there with her through it all. BUT i am a grown ass married woman. If I want to have another baby (my ds is 3) I will. And I shouldn't have to worry about my friend not talking to me because of it. I can totally understand her being upset to find out that I am pregnant... but to be pissed off at ME and cease communication?? She needs to tell her Dh to quit smoking pot and making his sperm all stupid, and quit worrying about what is or isn't in my womb.

Ok... feel a bit better now. I needed to come on here an vent before I told her how immature and stupid I thought she was being..

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM

That is a hard situation. I understand where she is coming from but friends support each other, no matter what.

On a side note: My friend has been having pregnancy symptoms on Mirena too. Turns out it is a side effect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

Mommynwife26
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Well I could understand that. It's immature to cut off communication over an accident or even if you were trying. And on another note my ex who is odd father smoked pot everyday 8-10 a day and he had a kid lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopinforanother
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:53 PM

She was venting her feelings...just like you are doing right now.

I'm sure she didn't really mean that she would stop talking to you for a long time.

JZB
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:53 PM

You will be asked to remove the r word from this post

But I agree with you on all counts, and I was her I was pretty sure I couldn't get pregnant and was jealous when 5 of DH's cousins all got pregnant (due within 2 months on each other) all those showers it sucked but never once did I rain on their parade or would have thought about being mad over their blessing

Elevenhounds
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM
My best friend is having trouble conceiving. She has one child and I am pregnant with my 5th. Of course she was sad when she found out I was expecting but she was also happy for me and has been supportive. She is even planning to throw me an online shower. (We live across country from each other).

She acts the way best friends should act.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toughnsweet
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:55 PM
You have every right to be mad. I sympathize with her, and I feel horrible that she is having such a hard time, but that does not mean that you need to adjust you're life to make her happy. My older sister, my only sister, hasn't spoken to me in almost 2 months, because I am pregnant again, and she still isn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m3an1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 PM

When your struggling with infertility issues, seeing everyone pregnant is angonizing; are you sure she didn't say pissed off but mean "so upset to see you getting for the 3rd time what I've never even experienced once."  Cut her a break, it is such a difficutl thing she is going throug.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM
My friends were trying to have a baby, and not long after I found out I was pregnant. She was really upset, and the way she acted to me was hurting my feelings. We got into a "fight" about it too. I felt bad for her, but I didn't get pregnant to hurt her. It was because I had unprotected sex. It still upsets me and my son is almost 4. Funny thing...our kids are 5 months apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM

lol. don't take it personally. i was the same way when i wasn't getting pregnant. i would get so mad at friend and family who prego and i didn't. i wouldn't talk to some of them for months.....shes just frustrated that it is really easy for some, especially when theyre on bc!  

lv.42.dy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Eh, It is not your fault she can't get preggo. It is what it is and I wouldn't feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)