Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with this, if You've gone through it of course.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 PM
  • 29 Replies

I have a 2 1/2 year old....Today she refused a nap..like flat out refused...after fighting with me for 2 hours so I gave up and let her stay up but under the stipulation that she goes to bed early tonight...She passed out in her high chair at 7:45 ish tonight...and woke up at 9:30 10 ish...well she's still awake....II have never had an issue with her going to bed early all night long when she's refused a nap before...but tonight, she's still not falling back asleep. HELP!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HomeSweetHome77
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM

oh the joys of motherhood. how do i deal with it? i ask hubby for help after a few hours. both my daughters have done this to me as babies.. even now, my 2 year old still does it. i have to suffer all night long bc she just is not tired.

take her outside for a walk if you can. we used to do that. i could do it here now too bc i live in a pretty good place to walk around at night. everyone here does it.

if you cant take her outside, try doing an exercise with her, or just let her jump on the couch until she is pooped lol

evilangel198431
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM

oh hon i am battling the very same problem tonight with my 2 yr old. i don't really think there is much you can do. just let her wear herself out but do not let her sleep late tomorrow or it will become a repeating cycle

WenisEnvy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM

my husband and I are separated, so no help there...and I totally would let her jump on the couch...if it were my couch, but we're staying at the in laws house until monday, so that's not an option...and I don't have a stroller here...I'm lame...I know lol

Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

oh the joys of motherhood. how do i deal with it? i ask hubby for help after a few hours. both my daughters have done this to me as babies.. even now, my 2 year old still does it. i have to suffer all night long bc she just is not tired.

take her outside for a walk if you can. we used to do that. i could do it here now too bc i live in a pretty good place to walk around at night. everyone here does it.

if you cant take her outside, try doing an exercise with her, or just let her jump on the couch until she is pooped lol

HomeSweetHome77
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM

oh im sorry i didnt know you were seperated...

definitely not lame.. is she old enough to walk? take her out and hold her hand. that way she gets pooped quicker <3 good luck

Quoting WenisEnvy:

my husband and I are separated, so no help there...and I totally would let her jump on the couch...if it were my couch, but we're staying at the in laws house until monday, so that's not an option...and I don't have a stroller here...I'm lame...I know lol

Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

Zoann
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:10 AM
You dont need a stroller, her walking on her own two feet will probably poop her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WenisEnvy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:11 AM

she's 2 1/2 and been walkin since 8 months old. The in laws are sleeping, and she's SUPER loud. on a brighter note...I haven't seen her light come on since I went in her room and said "Sydney, You need to go night night, if you turn that light on one more time, I'm going to spank okay? You need your sleep" and she nodded. lol

Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

oh im sorry i didnt know you were seperated...

definitely not lame.. is she old enough to walk? take her out and hold her hand. that way she gets pooped quicker <3 good luck

Quoting WenisEnvy:

Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

WenisEnvy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:12 AM

my in laws also live on main street in the middle of 3 bars...they own a hair salon and live in the back of it..

Quoting Zoann:

You dont need a stroller, her walking on her own two feet will probably poop her out.

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Just make her stay in the bed and do what you need to do.

Wake her like normal in the am and then continue on with life.

She is 2.5 she doesn't get to make those choices. She gets good when its nap time and told when its bedtime. She gets told when to get up.

I read you are newly separated. You will learn as a single mom you do some things differently and that sometimes you have to under any circumstances stick to your guns. Bedtime is definitely a battle worth fighting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WenisEnvy
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:15 AM

oh man do I know that lol. I've been enjoying my me time after she goes to bed! lol and staying with the in laws omg it's so hard to get her to stay in bed "my way" because if I just threaten to spank her, which I don't, but she knows what it is, so I threaten it, my FIL is always like ur not gonna spank her. Dude..seriously??? STFU! and they always step in when I'm trying to do something like put her to bed and whatnot..thank god they are in bed. Even when I have her laying down for a nap...I'll lat her on the couch with a movie and she normally falls asleep..and every time they come back here while working, they talk to her as if that freakin helps her go to sleep for a nap!

Quoting happymommy1105:

She is 2.5 she doesn't get to make those choices. She gets good when its nap time and told when its bedtime. She gets told when to get up.

I read you are newly separated. You will learn as a single mom you do some things differently and that sometimes you have to under any circumstances stick to your guns. Bedtime is definitely a battle worth fighting.

evilangel198431
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:19 AM

this

Quoting happymommy1105:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)