Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

does poison control call CPS???

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:24 PM
  • 36 Replies
So I'm at work and I get a call from my babysitter, the girls got into one of those bug bomb things, she noticed right away and got out of the house, but said Tay was sneezing and runny nose. So I have never had this happen and called poison control because I take the bus to work and can't just leave. Well he said she should be fine unless it turns into coughing/wheezing since she's not asmatic it should get worse just the obvious to get out of the house. Anyways at the end he asked for the childrens names and babysitters name and my name, of course I gave it to him, but after I got off the phone I started thinking, do they call CPS? Or do they just need to document every call? I have never had to call before so I was just wondering, I don't want my babysitter in any trouble, mistakes happen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM
they just document it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

they just document it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hotmommytutu
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Standard protocol........

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM

They document it and sometimes they will call back to check on your child.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM

We had to call poison control when my son took my great aunts medication.

They took his name and then called the hospital and told them to take us right away. That might what they took it for, in case she takes him to the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

Jlynnevans
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I called a while back because my daughter got into a glade plug in that as in the wall and was trying to eat the wick thingy!  I dont recall them asking for my info expect to send me some info if I wanted it.  I am sure they are just documenting it though they wouldnt call CPS just because your kids got into a bug bomb on accident.  I wouldnt worry!  Glad everyone is ok :)

southern_momof2
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM
I don't think so...

I had to call once, Ava drank a little dog flee shampoo. I never had cps show up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlynnevans
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Now that I think about it they did ask our name and number so they could call us back in an hour to check on how my DD was doing!

getoesuepastah
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:33 PM

wow i just replied to another post about a mom whos kid ate vitamins and she was worried about cps too   anyway i doubt theyd call

brae425
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Ok just making sure thx ladies, it makes sense to document each call, maybe would call if they had your name several times...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)