Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Incest between parent and a consenting adult child...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM
  • 70 Replies

Should the act if incest be legal or illegal? Why or why not?

How about marriage? Having kids?

Besides the "eww" factor (if you do in fact feel this way), do you find anything wrong with parent/consenting adult child incest?

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM

How could a mother find her own child a child that she bathed and changed and nurtured to be sexually attractive? I don't get it and think it is disgusting.

mackQuin
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM
I think two consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want as long as they are mentally aware and actually consenting to sex with ma or pa. While completely gross and ickkk it's not my business what two adults do with their vaginas and dicks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweetmelissa
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Gross but whatev.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM

There is just something VERY wrong with the parent to even CONSENT to it if the adult kid wanted it!!!!!

Yes, it should be illegal, so should marriage and having the blue babies they will have!!!!!!

JUST WHY?????

SarahSue87
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM

illegal. there was an episode of SVU about this, and even though the child gave consent, i dont think its right, no matter your age, at least for me, you listen to your parents, you want to make them happy. its too messed up, mentally, for a person. having kids, there are too many risks,

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM

eeew. who cares if it is legal or not. its disgusting!

PhoneGrease
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM

This is what sparked my question! It was the one with the teenage boy right?

Quoting SarahSue87:

illegal. there was an episode of SVU about this, and even though the child gave consent, i dont think its right, no matter your age, at least for me, you listen to your parents, you want to make them happy. its too messed up, mentally, for a person. having kids, there are too many risks,

xxxAthena

i think it should be illegal because of the potential harmful affects on offspring...unless they both agree to being sterilised then it shouldnt be allowed.

mandalouwhotn

I feel like marriage between any 2 (or more, really) consenting adults should be legal.  I feel this is the only right way to write a law allowing gay marriages.  I find incest to be wrong, but I cannot let my own personal feelings about the subject dictate what the law should be.  MANY people find being gay gross and that it has a n eww factor, but their feelings should not be allowed to influence a law on that subject, as well.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Absolutely because the child in question obviously would not habve the mental competency to make right choices if that was to happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN