Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drawing faces?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM
  • 13 Replies

What age should a child be able to draw a recognizable face? Basically I am asking if my son is a natural born artist, or if it is normal at his age? I'm not going to post his age yet. Look at the picture, and tell me what age you think he is. There is only two faces he did not draw, because he wanted DH and me to draw one too. the one with the big beard DH drew for him, and the one to the left I drew, the rest my son drew... so how old do you think he is based on his drawing abilities?

ETA: He is 2. Everything I found online just says that 2 year olds can scribble and say it's something like mommy or daddy or elmo or whatever. He started drawing circles and lines when he was about 17 months, and as of today has been drawing faces non-stop. So I guess he might just be average, but I still think he's gonna be a great artist like his daddy.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM

My youngest was probably 2 or 3 when she started drawing faces. The middle was 3 when she was drawing not only faces but clothes (she's 6 and wants to be a fashion designer LOL), and my oldest was probably 4. She was a bit.. boring. lol

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:06 AM

BUMP!

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:09 AM

aww come on people. I know its not drama, but I'm really curious about my son's ability to draw.

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:16 AM

did I also mention that I really need to go to bed? Sadie is the only one who responded and I need more than one person's opinion, though sadies opinion probably counts for tons more....

i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

BUMP!

i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

lmao @ your last reply.

1busymomma03
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I would guess your DS is between 2 and 3.

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM

lol you know it's true.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

lmao @ your last reply.

mamajmm81
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 AM

2 or 3?

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:19 AM
Baylie was 2.5 when she started drawing giant faces with arms and legs. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)