Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this look normal to you?? - wow check the difference!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:04 AM
  • 51 Replies

My son is having a crazy reaction to mosquitto bites.. has anyone had their kids react like this before? Obviously he is scratching them but the red is growing bigger and bigger. I have been putting cortzone and calamine on them but they keep getting worse. My other sons are tiny dots like normal bites.

Last night before bed

This morning after putting on eucalyptus mixed with olive oil last night before he went to bed .. I notice a huge difference..

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:05 AM

He could be allergic to the bites.. The first pic looks pretty bad though. It is also possible to get a staph infection in the open wound. If it doesn't get better, I would take him to the doctor.

Tink0711
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I would see if he could stop scratching (maybe cover them) & if they're still like that tomorrow, take him to the doc/urgent care. 

mandksmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM

are you sure it's mosquitoes? that looks pretty bad.

acaisha
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM

ugg they are so bad.. the bugs this year.. he has never reacted like this before the one on his arm looks aweful I am going to put some anticeptic cream on it too I guess.. poor thing

acaisha
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Quoting mandksmommy:

are you sure it's mosquitoes? that looks pretty bad.

yah I am sure .. they are horrible here this year.. even at 10am in the yard they were eating us alive we had to stay inside until i could get to the store for bug spray and we never usually need it

Keilman1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I'd say he's allergic to them.  I'd try benedryl.  I would also have him use bug spray from now on too.

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:09 AM
Looks like flea bites to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keilman1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Keep an eye on the one on his arm, it looks different.  Could get infected  easily. 

The benedryl will help with the itching and swelling.

acaisha
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Quoting _mimimosley_:

Looks like flea bites to me.

we don't really get fleas here.. even in the summer.. I am 100% they are mosquitto bites

tangerine11
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:11 AM

That's what happens to me when I get bit and it itches for days. I constantly had horrible scabs on me when I was a kid. Even those itched.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)