Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red cervix, anyone??

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

Sort of a medical question....

So a few months ago I had a pap test come back irregular...and the doc said my cervix was red...cervical ectropion.  He said it could be from excess hormones or something (and yes I'm on the pill)...but because my pap came back abnormal, he wants me to go get a coloscopy.  Ugh.  Anyone had this happen to them??  I don't have any previous history of problems...lead a pretty regular sex life/one partner....don't feel any weird symptoms....just a little worried so I thought maybe someone could help....thanks

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MioriLane
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Sorry, I haven't had it.  The test may be a little awkward, but it could help him catch a problem early.

mstkn.identity
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM
Never heard of it good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM
The colposcopy is a piece of cake its the biopsy thats a bitch. Depending on what they find, they might do whats called a leap, my best advice, have a driver, you are gonna feel funny. Don't worry, its a lot like a pap. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXSoSincereXx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 AM

no mine is black with green spots

Go Eagles!!

momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 AM

yes the biopsy hurts.  Hope everything turns out ok OP

Quoting tezell78:

The colposcopy is a piece of cake its the biopsy thats a bitch. Depending on what they find, they might do whats called a leap, my best advice, have a driver, you are gonna feel funny. Don't worry, its a lot like a pap. Good luck.

bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:24 AM
If I can catch what you are talking about, its nothing wrong. The tissue inside the uterus has just grown on the cervix as well. Meaning its more vascular, therefore more red. There is an image of it on a website called project beautiful cervix if I remember right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:24 AM
I mean beautiful cervix project...maybe.

Quoting bellawomen:

If I can catch what you are talking about, its nothing wrong. The tissue inside the uterus has just grown on the cervix as well. Meaning its more vascular, therefore more red. There is an image of it on a website called project beautiful cervix if I remember right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bananahammock1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM
Haven't heard of that but good luck hun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)