Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would THIS offend anyone?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM
  • 54 Replies

I always talk about how I am happy with how many kids I have and how I don't want anymore children. When I see a pregnant woman, I think "thank God that is not me" and when I see a new baby I think "Aweee...how cute! Thank GOD that's not my baby" and I think about all of the sleepless nights I had with my children. Yes, it was well worth every minute of sleeplessness, but why should other people get offended by it?

I was at work today and a regular customer came in and she was telling me how her sister was pregnant and had been trying to get pregnant for years. I told her to tell her I said congratulations. Then we got to talking about how many kids we have and how I never wanted anymore. I went on about how I like my sleep and how I hated my pregnancies and I will NEVER miss being pregnant (I was SOOO miserable for all of my pregnancies) and I will be perfectly content untill the day I have grandchildren......welllllllllll..............

That is when a woman that was eavesdropping on our conversation got all pissy with me and started attacking me verbally telling me that I didn't DESERVE to have kids because there are so many women out there that would LOVE to have more kids, but they can't, how someone should take my kids and give them to someone that appreciated them and how God should take my fertility and give it to someone else since I hate being pregnant so much.

HOW THE FUCK does KNOWING you have enough children, liking to be able to sleep at night, never having to change dirty diapers, and being bed ridden from going into pre-term labor so many times constitute me hating my children? WTF?

She was being so loud that my manager came out of his office and told her she had to leave. She got smart with him too and started all over again and he finally had to threaten her with the police.

SOOOOO...what am I supposed to do? Continue to have kids that I can not afford? Or get pregnant and become a human incubator to all those that can't have children just because I am fertile? Sorry, but no.

I feel for women that can't ahve children, I really do....but I also have a right to express MY feelings on NOT WANTING anymore children for myself.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Astaroth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Everything is offensive nowadays, didn't you know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:16 AM
Stupidity. That's how.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:17 AM
Oh, and that woman was ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Apparently so! LOL.

Quoting Astaroth:

Everything is offensive nowadays, didn't you know?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM

It doesnt surprise me.

art.diva
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM
She must be on CM...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAXnBRYCESMomma
People will find anything to bitch about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahD3boys

I'm like you in that I've had my three kids, and don't wish for any more...the pregnancies, deliveries, sleepless nights, breastfeeding etc.  I try not to go on and on about it in front of people I don't know in case there are sensitive/hormonal women who can't have kids or really want kids or have lost kids etc.  It can be a sensitive topic for some.  Or maybe for those tired and ragged young moms too...they might think you're being mean rather than encouraging!  I think if you just simply state that you were blessed to have your kids and are happy to see the other women around you carry the torch, then nuf' said...no you don't have to be sorry for that.  Just be cautious for those poor people who weren't so blessed as you!!!

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:19 AM
I can't have more even though I want more you not wanting more dose not offended me at all lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:20 AM

People are crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)