Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me and SO disagree...what do you think? UPDATED...These people are effing WEIRD!!!! *SMALL UPDATE in pink*

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:10 AM
  • 136 Replies

SO asked me earlier if I would ever mind our friends using our house to get married in. I told him "of course not". Then he said "Ok, then. I will tell____and____ that you said it is ok for them to use the house to get married in. My reaction "Who the hell is that?".  He says that I know them, that it is a couple that goes to his gigs regularly, etc....

I told him they are not "friends" if I don't even know who they are. "Friends" visit each other, talk to each other on the phone, hell, even have connections on facebook or something at the least! I have only seen these people twice in my life and they are wanting to get married in my house? What? SO isn't even "friends" with them, they are friends of a friend of his that hang out at his work sometimes.

I told him no, I didn't want them to get married in my house. I do not want to host a wedding for people I barely know, I do not want to clean up the huge mess afterwards, and I do not want strangers invading my home. Sorry, not gonna happen. He says that I am being weird about it, I say I have a thing about people I barely know being in my home and using it as a chapel.

What do you think?

I finally decide to bring this situation up to SO again tonight while I had it on my mind. THIS TIME he reveals to me that we will get paid...$200. WHAT? Hell no.

AND this chick that BARELY KNOWS HIM except from in the bar rooms and clubs where he works wants him to give her away at her wedding???!!!! Because she "doesn't know anyone else that can". Bullshit. How about the couple that the always come with? Her friend's husband can't give her away? Oh....how about her new husband's dad...since he has already offered.

AND the guy (her soon to be husband) shows up at my job tonight with the SAME FREAKING HAIRCUT, same type of clothing (my SO has a very unique style for this area) and the SAME FACIAL piercings that my SO has when the guy had NO facial piercings 3 weeks ago when I saw him last.

They also want to come spend 3 days before the wedding at my house so they can decorate and decide where everything is going to be and so on. FUCK NO.

I straight up told SO tonight, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They are just too fucking weird. He understood and said he would let them know, but I can tell he was a little upset. I told him that I would tell them if he liked and that I would tell them why (in a nicer way of course) if he did not want to, but he said he would handle it.

EDIT.............WHY would they want to use my house?

I really have no effing clue. It really is a cute little house...it looks like a cottage from the outside and on the inside there is hardwood floors and walls throughout. We also have 2+ acres of land with a barn in the back. But to use it for a wedding???????

Here is the real kicker...THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN MY HOUSE AT ALL...how would they know that they would even want to get married here????

I think they are mad at me for saying no. LOL. They both came in my store today and they wouldn't talk to me and avoided me. YAAAAAYYYYY!!!  Maybe they will seriously drop it now and give up. They were not out the other night either. I SERIOUSLY think now that they were only doing it to kiss SOs ass to try and get a free DJ. He hasn't seen them again since he told them no, that they can't use our house to get married in.

I am a *don't really give a damn what you think* and *couldn't care less how you discipline and feed your kids/babies* and *pro-mind your own business* type of mom. Oh, and a very devoted and loving girlfriend:)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:12 AM
Sure. $250 please and thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Would nor fly here. I don't bring strangers in my house around my girls

bananahammock1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:14 AM
I'd say no too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Yea, for a fee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:15 AM

More like $1000. If I have to host, clean up, hold the reception and have SO provide the entertainment (he is a DJ) we are not giving any 2 for one deals. Fuck that. I barely know these people. I really don't know them at all. I have seen them twice and have never talked to them more than a hello.

Quoting alwayskk:

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Im with you on this one. I cant believe they would ask if they could use your house for their wedding when they really dont know you.

momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:16 AM

I wouldn't let them get married in my house. Who knows what kind of friends/family they have. Not to mention it would just be weird

GoneBad31

SO normally charges $300 to $400 just for DJing a wedding.

Quoting GoneBad31:

More like $1000. If I have to host, clean up, hold the reception and have SO provide the entertainment (he is a DJ) we are not giving any 2 for one deals. Fuck that. I barely know these people. I really don't know them at all. I have seen them twice and have never talked to them more than a hello.

Quoting alwayskk:

AngieH2007
Yeah um NO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:17 AM
We'll is your house exceptionally gorgeous? Cuz for a grand they can rent a place that is lol.....that's why I put a low price....but it wouldn't include food.

Damn autocorrect

Quoting GoneBad31:

Quoting alwayskk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)