Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it just me or is Tylonol3 total BS!?! update at the end of pg 4. I think I got the right stuff now

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:18 AM
  • 47 Replies

I have an ear infection so bad that my whole ear is swollen shut. They told  me since I'm preggo the strongest "pain killer" I can have is this Tylonol 3, tylenol with a tiny bit of codein (sp?) but its stupid. It helps for like an hour then it's right back to this damn pain.

i don't know what to do. I'm just going to the emergency room tomorrow, I can't keep down the antibiotics they gave me and my head hurts so bad I can't even function. Maybe they can do SOMETHING. ANYTHING!!!!!!???

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 AM

did you take one or two? I have taken it in the past and also take Excedrin with it ( i know it's not recommend)

mom2_3blessings
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 AM

idk it works for me.

momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:22 AM

*recommended

CutieBoysMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:22 AM

one. every 6 hours. it's frickin killing me. plus my other damn ear is starting to hurt now too

Quoting momof3ak:

did you take one or two? I have taken it in the past and also take Excedrin with it ( i know it's not recommend)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
LindAngeLevi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:24 AM
My grandma uses to put roll paper put on end in the ear and burn the other end the smoke helps clear out the infection or something like that. My stepdad says it works. I would look it up. I have also heard of breast milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:25 AM

I've always taken two. Is there a nurse hotline or anything you can call to see if that's okay? If it's really bad I'd go to the hospital, they can get your pain managed without hurting the baby

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Try ibuprofen, if you can take it. It wont completely help with the pain, but it will help relieve some swelling which might ease the pain a little. I've had an ear infection like that before, but I wasn't pregnant, so vicodin was my best friend. Sorry you have to go through this.

LindAngeLevi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM
Sorry I'm on mobile.....my grandma used to roll paper in a cone put the small side in the ear and light the big side on fire. The smoke helps.... that's what I meant sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:28 AM
Ibuprofen is not recommend when your pregnant because its a blood thinner

Quoting Mommy4000:

Try ibuprofen, if you can take it. It wont completely help with the pain, but it will help relieve some swelling which might ease the pain a little. I've had an ear infection like that before, but I wasn't pregnant, so vicodin was my best friend. Sorry you have to go through this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindAngeLevi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:28 AM
Ibuprofen is the worst to take while pregnant it has something in it that blows up something in your stomach or something like that. A Dr told me something like that I can't real remember it was when I was pregnant

Quoting Mommy4000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)